1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just bought a little Fisher

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Detroitdan, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I just bought an 88 S-10 with a Fisher plow. Is there anything I should watch out for? It seems to operate properly, but I've never had an electric type system before. It creates a huge draw when you move the plow, the guy told me this is normal and it seems like it would be, considering how much it has to move. I thought the little light duty plows were either 6 or 6.5, but the guy told me it's 7. I didnt measure it yet. Anybody put a snowfoil on top? It looks kind of short.

2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

You probbly have the 7' LD blade (steel trip edge blade with poly edge and no shoes). MM1 with solenoid electric hydraulic pack I presume. All in all a great small set up. If I could have put one of these on my 01 S-10 I might still have it. I dont think a snow foil is available for the LD but you should be able to get (or have fabbed) a Fisher style steel deflector. This will add some height to the blade. As far as maintenance issues - an old automotive professor once told me to always remember BSACACAT (Be Sure All Connections Are Clean And Tight). When in doubt check connections and protect with dialectric grease. :nod: