1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just bought a hiniker 8'..have some ?s

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by MileHigh, Dec 15, 2008.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I just bought a 8' hiniker plow..

I'm used to meyer so this should be a huge upgrade.

Searched but didn't find to much so:

I don't know if all hinikers are like this but the on the controller the up is down and the down is up, is that right?

Also when lowering the plow I have to hold the the controller untill the plow goes all the way down..If I stop pressing it, it will stop moving. Doesn't seem like it;s going into float mode, what's up with that?

Help me out guys..thanks.
  2. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

You can switch the control to do the oposite.when you push the control up you should let go and the blade go all the way down. You will like the hiniker line very dependable and they take a beating. Hope this helps
  3. MileHigh

Thats what Im trying to say..

when I let go off pressing up...the plow won't move down anymore, I need to hold it up the entire time the plow is moving down...and it moves down way to slow...
  4. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like your down valve is not opening all the way...The green light should turn to orange (float position )...Clean the UP & DOWN selonoid spindal,with emry cloth... Check Trk..Plow connections then Die-Electric grease the connections...
  5. MileHigh

Sounds like I'm just ********....plow works just fine.lol
  6. Snow-Con

Snow-Con Member

I just got a Hiniker 8' as well, used it today for the first time, love it.
  7. topdj

topdj Senior Member

Im swapping my Hiniker 700 home owner plow for a 8' straight blade this week, I think I get the new lights with it.
  8. tras

tras Member

I have a 8' Hiniker straight blade as well. Have not used it too much but so far im impressed with it.
  9. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I can't get it until next Tuesday 30th, they have not assembled it, Its a drive up swap
    I have the mount and wiring already from last year. I also found out I don't get the new style lights on the standard 8' straight blade.