1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just bought a dogg... Any advice

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by tmr200, Jan 14, 2011.

1. tmr200

tmr200 Junior Member

I finally had enough snowblowing and bought a MD75 for my 150. It's being installed on Monday. I've plowed for years but anything I should know about the Snow Dogg? I've always owned a Fisher but couldn't pass on the cost savings for the SnowDogg

2. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

This was my first md and i have always plowe with fisher or curti.I have owned mine for 2 years and had problem with piston and valve put they took care of it no problem.Very fast and great plow.Just jack stinks.And scott form snowdogg is always on and very helpfull.Good luck

3. Dchambers1

Dchambers1 Junior Member

I have an Ex-80 and love it!! this site is an incredible resource use it and the search bar. As far as your plow the jack is a big issue, i bent mine 1st time i went to hook up... hammered it str8 and now put a piece of plate steel down so the jack can slide. when removing plow make sure you have plenty of slack in chains will make rehook much easier. Good luck and plow safe

4. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

This is our first plow ownership. The only issue we had a a leak at the orings.It was warrantied fast and well done repair. The jack is an issue. We use and old metal bed frame rails and flat steel to set plow on. This way it can slide as we try to hook up. We have to leave plow on uneven ground. the plow has always worked well thank God! We really used it in the nor'easters. Good luck!

5. mikedogg

mikedogg Junior Member

This is my second year with the snowdogg and no problems.Seems alot of people complain about hooking up the plow.I found that putting a board under the cutting edge and one under the jack makes hooking up alot easier,as I leave the plow outside.Also if leaving outside try to find as level a spot as possible.One more thing I found very helpful was hooking up before it snows or clearing the area before driving up.Driving over snow changes the height of the vehicle and makes it more difficult.

6. brad2555

brad2555 Junior Member
    from ohio

My suggestion is get your money back from the dealer and go buy a boss

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What a great, helpful post!Thumbs Up

8. Diesel_1

Diesel_1 Junior Member
    from NJ

From what I've heard and read, make sure you carry a tool box in your truck.

9. Dchambers1

Dchambers1 Junior Member

funny....that's what I tell guys that drive Dodges:mechanic:

10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

These are the 2 problems I have seen/heard about most....and what 1 of my subs has experienced with his. The dealer covered it under warranty, but its still an issue you should keep your eye out for. My sub noticed it when he could not push his cylinder down into float, when going to unhook. Other than these little issues, I think they are a good plow for the money. Gotta love the stainless also.

11. mikedogg

mikedogg Junior Member

Do they even make replacement parts for Boss and Fisher plows?

12. Diesel_1

Diesel_1 Junior Member
    from NJ

That's a good one coming from a guy driving a gasser!:laughing:

13. F-SERIES BEAST

F-SERIES BEAST Member

VERY GOOD ADVICE THERE FROM Dc. Thats about it really. Just make sure your dealer has all hardware torqued right.. "no loose nuts" lol

14. brad2555

brad2555 Junior Member
    from ohio

Been Down this Road and it sucks 2 year old plow on its 3rd block change

15. Krumm

Krumm Member
    from CR, IA

watch out for the lift cylinder going out and reinforce your jack before you even use it. i went through 2 before i was smart enough to brace it so i would quit bending it.

16. Dozer711

Dozer711 Junior Member

I've had mine little over a year, no problems except for last fri. The deflector broke. Called the dealer sat morning. He called monday and said a new one will be here the end of the week, Warranted.
    As far as the jack, Mine is on blacktop and I use a set of snowmobile rollers. It works great, get close and roll it to the truck. Good Luck.

17. Dchambers1

Dchambers1 Junior Member

diesel we could go back and forth gas vs diesel, chevy vs dodge, boss vs dogg...but WE are both still idiots, we haven't moved out of dirty jersey yet :salute:

18. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Ran a meyer for 4 years on my 700' driveway over here in Windham and now have the MD75 - fantastic plow. Quiet and quick and it's worked out quite well this winter with all the snow we've been getting. I need practice getting the plow connected because sometimes it goes on without a problem and other times I need to work at it for 5-10 minutes. No problems with the jack either...maybe they made improvements because mine is solid.

19. Diesel_1

Diesel_1 Junior Member
    from NJ

I agree 100% on that!!!Thumbs Up

20. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

I don't understand all the people with jack problems? I don't like or dislike this one any more or less than a Fisher, Western, or a Meyer. None of them ever wnet right on the first time every time, that doesnt mean back up and go faster! It means get out of your truck and line up the plow and attach it. I think its a great plow.