1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just bought a cheap lifted 1998 dakota

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by javelin350, Dec 21, 2010.

1. javelin350

javelin350 Junior Member

Have been doing snow removal in mn for a few years now with snow blowers. Just bought a 1998 dakota with 3" suspension lift and 3" of body, sittin on 33" bfg's My question is what do i need to buy to fit a used plow on it? any help much apprecited. Is it that hard to retro fit a plow mount for my truck?

2. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

the mounts gonna need to be custom made to make up for the 6'' of lift

3. Realdealoo8

Realdealoo8 Member

I don’t think you will need a custom made mount. The truck only actually has 3" of lift over stock suspension height. The body lift only raises the body further from the frame. Using the correct mount on the lower setting should be plenty close enough to work.

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Dump the 33's for the winter and go back to the stock 235/75/15's and you shouldn't have a problem getting a plow on it.