1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just bought a brand new plow!!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Onebadbowtie86, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

Hey guys, im new here to this site, but not new to plowing! i live in northern michigan, so yea, we get a little bit of the white gold! i plow between 30-35 Residentails a year, and i just sold my 96 regular cab shortbox with a meyer 7'6" poly this spring, so im intalling a Brand new 7'6" steel boss on my 2003 gmz regular cab short box. i had a couple questions though. My first one is that, the plow's sticker says its a standard duty, but the plow has 4 springs and a shock on the backside? all of the other standard dutys i looked at only had three? maybee something new for this year? Anyways im puttling the plow on my self, and today i finished putting the mount on the truck (pain in the butt with the gmc front end, had to cut the lower fascia) but tomorrow im going to wire it, are these plows pretty simple to wire? how long should it take a first timer? also where did you guys get your harness through the firewall? im going to try and post some pics, but they might not work. any info from you guys would be great, and i look forward to getting to know you guys through the forum, who knows, some of you might be from my neck of the woods!

Jason

heres my 96

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Onebadbowtie86

sorry the pictures are blury, ill get better ones tomorrow! let me know what you think --At first, i wasnt crazy about the new boss headlights, but they are really growing on me, they look awesome in person!

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Boss plows are top of the line. You're going to be very happy with it :nod:

4. Onebadbowtie86

Well im coming from using a 12 year old meyer set up to this boss, so im hoping to be impressed. my dads always had boss plows also, a nd currently has an 8'2" vee on his duramax and its been a great plow. i cant wait to see how bright these new lights are, im sure they will be alot better then the old meyers!

5. Onebadbowtie86

couple more of my '03 ill try to get better ones tomorrow

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Gerry125

Gerry125 Senior Member

nice plow good luck with it

7. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Want to sell your snowmobile trailer :)

8. Onebadbowtie86

I dont think so on selling the trailer, we use it to much! use it for sleds in the winter and harleys in the summer!