1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just bought a boss.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by OhioPlower, Sep 12, 2008.

1. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Hey guys I just bought a 8.5ft super duty, finally got rid of the meyers haha. I was wondering if I could adjust the drop speed cause if I keep it where its at now im gonna break my concrete. I looked through the manual real quick and didnt see anything, I probably missed it though.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Pictures. Why,the quick drop won't hurt anything . You'll get use to it and wish it was faster.
  3. Indy

Indy Senior Member

If it's like mine you have a jamb nut with a allen headed flow regulator on the back side of your pump toward the passenger side. I don't remember if in or out is faster or slower......but put you blade over grass or dirt, loosen the jamb nut, run it in (i think) and drop you blade, do that till you get what you want. GV is right you will like it faster with snow on the ground and packed on you blade, that thump breaks it all loose. Good luck.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct Indy, and the flow control valve is protruding from the rear of the lift tower in the pass side...facing the bumper of the truck. Just need a 9/16" open end wrench and a 3/16 allen wrench. Loosen the jamb nut with the 9/16 wrench and turn the allen screw IN (clockwise) to SLOW the drop speed. Retighten the jamb nut without turning the allen screw....and your done. Only turn it about 1/8 turn at a time as they're rather sensitive. :nod:
  5. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

thanks guys. I'll get pictures up here sooner or later. It looks real good, a red boss on a red gmc duramax. I gotta wash my truck first though, I havent done that in ages and its supposed to rain the next 3 days.