1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just bought a 08 3500 Dually. Any upgrades to make it ready?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by maelawncare, Jul 22, 2012.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

This is my first Chevy. I have been a diehard Ford guy for the last 15 years, but these new model Chevys are just awesome. So I upgraded to one.

I picked up a 2008 3500 CC drw with the duramax. I have heard about the frames cracking, so I want to see if there is anything I should do to get this truck ready for winter and my Blizzard 810 that will be hanging off it.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Fluids. All. Even brake fluid. Do an inspection underneath. Maybe timbrens, or just crank the torsion bars for the plow weight up front.
  3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

gussets. check front end parts, idler, pitman. Otherwise should be good to go.
  4. maelawncare

Any idea on how to do the gussets?
  5. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Congrats, Do a search on gussets, there are many threads on it since its common.,not sure how many of them are for the newer trucks but same idea. No pics?. Good luck
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Increase the size of your alternator charge line. Search the site or my facebook page for instructions.
  7. maelawncare

Of course I forgot pictures. :dizzy:

And the mods have started.

8. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 09 2500HD CCSB. You shouldn't need to do anything other than hang the plow, maybe a couple turns to the torsion bars & regular maintenance. I have all Chevys, never a frame issue (other than rot from an accident 5 years earlier). I think it depends on what your doing, plowing ashphalt or gravel, & DRIVER.