1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just baught a parts truck, best way to pull harness

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joe92GT, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

I baught an 86 suburban, with the western unimount frame and harness. What is the best way to go about taking everything out, and installing in my truck. I'm very mechanically inclined, just curious about any plow frame related parts I would need to know about. Not realy familiar with unimount frames. My friend said they are welded?? on? The harness should be relativly easy to follow and re-install.

Joe

2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Plow Frame Removal

Joe as with just about any plow truck more than a few years old you will more than likely not be able to remove any of the fastners.
    So carefully use a torchor cut off tool to cut the nut and bolts to remove them.
    Just use caution as to where the sparks fly.
    You may have to cut one side of the front bumper mounting brackets off the frame to get the plow framework to slide out.
    Most had to be cut and rewelded to get the frame on this truck unless they cut the plow frame and rewelded it.
    The wiring should be fairly easy to remove just take your time and check the harness and battery cables carefully for cuts and damage if you plan to reuse it.

:waving: John..........

3. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

John, this is the first time I have seen you use a smiley other than the "rolleyes" one at the end of a post! :D Mike ;)