1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just another day in buffalo ny

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Feb 14, 2015.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

For the 150th plow of the seasonThumbs Up

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Can you arrange something like that March 3-4. The Boss will be visiting. I hear there is a jewelry show on the 3rd.
  3. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Wish we had snow like that here.
  4. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I guess being seasonal, you're not making any money this year. Or should i say youre workinf for your money. Ultimately, if you've had the same customers for over the last 5 years I guess it all evens out.

we've had two plowable events since January. Today should be the third.

Just glad to break evenThumbs Up
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Why does being seasonal mean you're not making money? Until you have gone over your seasonal average plows your making money.

Doing per plow and only having gone twice might prove hard to pay your bills.
  6. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

I guess you only read the first sentence of any paragraph, eh ?

You obviously dont have any clue i was busting GVs balls, right ?

Our weather is extremely unpredictable being near the ocean. Most of the storms here were rain ~ ice, and its difficult to get folks to sign seasonals

I have other "non snow related " work that i do to pay my bills..thanks !
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  7. grandview

The limos have skis on them:laughing:

If I wasn't plowing I'd gain even more weight sitting home doing nothing. If it wasn't snowing I'd burn just as much gas anyways driving around. Plus it makes winter go faster
  8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

What's the calorie burn difference between sitting at home and sitting in your truck??
  9. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Even better than this, you have ammunition to come back here with, post pictures, and make Plowsite a "funner" place....

And we thank you for all of your endeavors.....:nod::waving:
  10. grandview

To be determined
  11. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

how many plows are you up to this year? im at 16 i think. we broke our average for snowfall of around 60 inches last week. i'll bet we hit 100 this year
  12. grandview

Post office where the designers from Florida made this. Bad enough the curb around it is 8 inches high so people won't drop off the slope

13. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

The garage in picture number two looks like it could be cleaned up a bit better! :laughing:

Get it GV, I know we are too. I don't mind. I am far from the $169.99 unlimited Rochester seasonal guys. Luckily I have a different client base, and my only residential are mostly landscape customers. I prefer lots.
  14. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

Quit hoging all the snow and share.
  15. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Randy is really working hard for his seasonal Shoveling contracts
  16. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Right there with ya! We can't even haul anything because it won't stop F'ing snowing! We've had something like 5 non-snowing days since the end of December.

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Grandview , what are the stickers on your windshield ? That would drive me even crazier looking past them when plowing .
  18. grandview

Timbers around the flower bed so thats it for that side.

NY State inspection sticker,NY State registration sticker and my get out of jail free sticker.Their in the bottom corner so you don't even notice them.
  19. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

We in Jersey may have to get an animal cracker fund going for Grandviews posts. Keep em coming
  20. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

your going to need an inspection next month SIR :laughing: I just got mine done 2 days ago