1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just an FYI thread on Fisher XV Plows..

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Buswell Forest, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I managed to blow an o-ring on a valve cartridge this last storm.
    It was the front bottom center valve, the one with the locking ring over it. I replaced the o-ring with one I had in stock by chance, but while taking the solenoid off, I managed to touch something with the wrench, and caused an electric arc. The solenoids are very close together. Thought nothing of it.
    Put it back together, tried to test it....no bueno. Only one button, the left angle, would lift it. All the rest dropped it. WTF?
    I called fisher's tech line.
    Guy was helpful, said I killed the conrol module mounted on the resevior.
    $145.
    I was ugly. Went to NAPA to get a new valve cartridge and solenoid, just to see...
    While there, I had to call Fisher to get the part number of the cartridge I wanted....and the guy, a different guy, said " oh, you just blew a fuse. Check it." I didn't know there were plow side fuses. He was right. 0.10 cent fuse fixed it!

Moral of the story: unplug the power supply before monkeying around with the solenoids on your Fisher.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If my memory is right there should be 4 fuses out on the pump. 2 front side, 2 on back side.

3. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

You are correct.

4. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Good info! Thanks for posting..

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

All the fleet flex plows are a negative shift system. Meaning the module switches the negative side to complete the circuits. This also means that when the plow is hooked up everyone one of the positive wires on the plow are hot all the time, like Buswell said. It is also possible to plug in the main power harness backwards without too much effort.