1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just about ready to bit the bullet

Discussion in 'SnowMan SnowPlows' started by Switchless, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Switchless

Switchless Member
    from NJ

I'm just about ready to order my backplow for my 03 f250 SD. I do only residential drives and over half are straight in 60 ft. drives with a garage at the end and no where to push the snow.
    Unless I'm missing something I believe the snowman with be the answer to my dreams.
    Please tell me if if I'm correct and it will be a piece of cake, or I"m doing the wrong thing in getting the plow.
    Thanks,
    Pete

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

What model are you looking at? How much is it going to run? I am warming up to the idea of getting one and I actually found one on Craig's List that I have some interest in.

3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

dont know much about them.
    only thing i can say is it will make your truck longer. i could use a back plow too but i also wonder if more length will do me in since i have trouble now manuevering in tight spots. also if the cost i can recoup in productivity.
    just something to consider depending on what you get into with the truck. plow will probably cut your time down substantially in my case i dont see enough benefits.

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, before you start talking about back blades you need to upgrade the one you've got in the front. Plus I don't think your half ton would enjoy lugging around the extra weight a rear blade would provide.

5. bribrius

hows that? i downgraded the one if the front because i didnt have room for a 8.5. and i carry six hundred to over eight hundred lbs. out back now for ballast and a snowblower.:dizzy:.

6. bribrius

just to give you a idea. i plowed through a place a couple days ago i had to pull my mirrors in. last time i hit them.

7. Switchless

Switchless Member
    from NJ

Well.......... what about all you guy's that already have back plows?? I know if I didn't have to back drag so much, I wouldn't need to be turning so much either. So, length I don't see as a problem.
    Pete

8. LawnServicesInc

LawnServicesInc Junior Member

money well spent

I don't know what one you are looking at, but I bought the LDA spring loaded down pressure for the ease of operation and it works awesome. It saved me a ton of time,and did a much better job of scrapping, no more several trips back dragging the same spot. One to two passes thats it. Oh and I do almost 600 driveways. Saved me major time wish I bought one years ago. Good luck

9. scitown

scitown Senior Member

600 driveways huh? Funny the Snowman rep didn't jump all over this post....HMMMMM? Are you going to tell us that you can push snow backwards with them too!!!??? Wowie wow.

10. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

sounds like u need a SUPERPLOW

11. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Lets see 600drives x 10 minutes per drive per 3 inches x a 10 in storm, thats three trips per drive... then a quick trip in the time machine( or a quick push with the snowman)...hold on im calculating...I think that = somewhere around....Anyone? Im not so good with them mathamaticals.:jester:

12. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Thats what I ment SUPERPLOW rep. I was confused. Pull push....They all start to look the same without a rep to explain them to us.

13. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think he meant that he plows 600 accounts with 1 truck...at least I don't think he meant that :dizzy:

14. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I hope not. He is new here...it just sounds like a sales pitch. Sorry LawnserviceInc. I was getting excited I thought maybe we got a free magic wand with a purchase of a backblade. snowbegone POOF!

15. jjtmarineb2

jjtmarineb2 Member

With one truck in the hypothetical 10" storm 600 drives would take exactly 12.5 days (non-stop) to complete. Hmmmm??

16. madmaxxxx

madmaxxxx Member

I was offered a townhome community with 150 drives and sidewalks at the very last minute on the day of snowfall here, I turned it down for this year. I was wondering if this might be the answer for that. Maybe get the 12' one and zip thru them small drives. They are short in length.

17. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

SuperPlow

Check us out the only "back blade" that is not just a "pull" plow...Not only eliminate back dragging but make a pass on every reversal....Give us a look see.:)

18. scitown

scitown Senior Member

xysportSuperplow I was starting to worry about you. Took you long enough to pitch...I mean reply

19. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

LIke Clemens....I'm back

Yeah sorry for the slow pitch....must be the HGH.... :dizzy:

PS. I only speak the truth....try it and see

20. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Ill try it. Free demo? LOL If I could afford one I would have one.