1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just a thought

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CAG80, Jan 8, 2007.

1. CAG80

CAG80 Member
    from ct

i was thinking about this today and i just wanted to see what u guys opinion's are on it.. i guess i should first say that i have both seasonal and per storm contracts and have never depended on snow for my income, im just not a gambling man!! but my thought was that we have a quite a few contracts for plowing and grass but no sanding with a big management co.. the co does most of their own sanding which is fine for me.. but when they do sand they really skimp on it and im thinking that if we only have a few small storms they might tell me not to sweep this year.. they are three year contracts and the sweeping price is the same whether they sand 100 times or ten times.. what im worried about is could they say not to sweep at all this year because they didn't sand much or at all..

2. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

Depends on what your contract says. More than likely they could request that you don't do it this year. Many times I am surprised by what our clients are willing to pay for.