1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just a tad too big for my truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rtm038, Dec 9, 2004.

1. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

My friend's 9' SS X-Blade on my 2004 Ram 3500. Mine will be an 8'.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

why is it to big ??
  3. andersonbldrs

andersonbldrs Member

Thats the perfect plow for a 3500
  4. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

Looks like an exact fit.

Lets see a pic from the side too.

Nice set up,
    Mark K
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you can run a 9 its gonna be a bear doing driveways
  6. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Looks good stick with the 9'. If you get into commercial later you will want it bigger :waving:
  7. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

I'm not going with a 9' because mine is a 3500 single rear wheel and not a dually, like my friends, which is why he went 9'. Plus I don't need the hassle of trying to manuever around town (lots of traffic around me) with that huge blade. I'll have to get a side picture and post it.

8. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I'd go with the 8'6" if I were you. Though the 9' isn't all that big. As for driving in traffic,....You are transporting it fully angled, right?
  9. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Town & state trucks drive around with plows at least 8 times the width of those. :p

I know a guy who has a 3500 Chevy with no dual wheels, and it plows excellent, he does commercial plowing.
  10. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

True I could drive with the blade angled, which I normally do anyway, but I also may have a deal on an 8'. Either way, 8' or 9', nothing plows like an X-Blade.

11. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

don't forget hes in jersey too where we get wet heavy nasty snow, not powder like you guys get up north....
  12. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

RTM where about in jersey are you located? I rome between hackensack an south plainfield everyday. if you are close in there ide like to check out the x blade brian
  13. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey Brian,
    I'm in Morris Plains, which is right next door to Morristown. I haven't gotten the X yet, but when I do I'll let you know.

NJPLOWKING Junior Member

I love fisher plows! As far as I'm concerned I don't know why people waste money on anything else. My latest is an 8.5' V plow. Thats what you want, it is so useful in so many situations. Plus you can transport fully open, its easier then an 8 footer.
  15. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Succh A nice Rig! oh whata Beautiful Site :cool: Gotta love the stainless X blada hooooo oooo ooooo! :drinkup:
  16. demetrios007

demetrios007 Member

too bad we have NO SNOW here in North NJ, dont matter what kinda blade you got, we aint pushig sh*t at the moment :gunsfiring: :cry:

every year when I stall on maintenence we get hit early, my stuffs been done for weeks and nothing :confused:
  17. maurader

maurader Member

I'm hoping you're right about the x-blade. That's the reason I bought one. Looks like I might get a chance to try it out this week as they're calling for lake effect over the next couple of days. Can't wait to see how it performs!
  18. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey maurader,
    The X-Blade plows real nice, especially when plowing deep and/or hard packed snow. Put it to you this way, myself and the contractor I work for, bought Blizzard 810s last year, while a friend of ours, who also plows with us, bought a 9' X-Blade. By the end of the first storm, we (the Blizzard owners) wished we had bought X-Blades.