1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just a Rant!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by blueline38, Jan 29, 2009.

1. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

I just spend a half hour getting my truck un-stuck. Why in the Hell would you put traction control in a 4wd truck. Everytime my truck would start to come out of the hole it was in the truck would upshift and I would lose all power to the wheels! This is so annoying and even when you turn it off...........it still kicks in! Dumb design if you ask me! Ok, I'm done!!

2. Kunker

Kunker Member

Tell me about it, I go through the same thing with my Trailblazer all the time and it is the most unpredictable thing out there. Sometimes it kicks in, sometimes I'm fishtailing all over the road...seriously hate it.

3. 4speed

4speed Member

Pull the fuse, our old internationals had traction control which made it impossible to get out of a loading dock. I used to pull the fuse out when I needed to burn my way out.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You pressed the button to turn the traction control off but you have to hold it down for 5-7 seconds to also turn off the StabiliTrak if your truck is equipped with it. Should get a "StabiliTrak off" message in the message center when it's disabled.

Bummer I know, but they do sell these trucks for the 90th percentile that do not know how to drive. :dizzy:

5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I agree the 90th percentile.
    Honestly, I have way better control and feel safer withOUT these extra wing-ding features.

Definition of Anti lock breaks == means making loud noises as one slides through an intersection wailing on the horn and praying to hit no one.

6. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

B&B.........thanks for the input, I did not know that and I will try that! scottL......... I also agree. Anti-lock brakes keep you sliding in a straight line but in my experience cause you to slide further. All of these auto functions are for the driving illiterate! On a lighter note, I can't even do a 360 in a slipper parking lot!!

7. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Definition of lockable brakes = driver screaming noises as one slides though intersection while spinning.

Ice is ice...abs will keep you going straight.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Same here Scott. Technology is a great thing but it shouldn't be used to help the dumb crowd manipulate a 6000 lb projectile down the highway in a 'safer' matter than what they'd be capable of without it. If they can't do it in a safe manner without the bells and whistles they shouldn't be behind the wheel. But unfortunately we're way out numbered on that. But thats fine, I'm guilty of disabling certain "safety" features on my late model stuff...I don't need big brother helping me with threshold braking capabilities. ;)

Not sure why the manufactures still don't wire the horn to the ABS activation module...would give you a free hand to hold your coffee during a panic stop. :D

9. scottL

Free hand for your coffee .... I like it :drinkup: :eek:

10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

LOL that is funny!!! Free hand for your coffee. :D

I agree on the ABS sucking!!!! My 94 didnt have abs and that thing was just fine stopping in the snow. This truck you piss on the ground and hit the brakes, you are sliding. Wish I could somehow turn the abs off without having that ******** light stay on

11. scottL

1/4" drill bit and aim for the light in the dash :p