1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just a nice tractor stuck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 85F150, Dec 31, 2004.

1. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

found this posted on another tractor forum, just had to share. I would hate to be the guy that owns any of that equip. :nono:

here is the message in the post "This is a combine that was stuck by Brookfield Mo. and a buddy of mine had to use a track hoe to dig the tractor out! you can see the hoe standing on end pulling with a chain in some pics. They had allready combined across this area and was turning on the endrows and for some reason the combine just sank,and when they went to pull it out with the tractor sank too,Then they sent a tractor and auger wagon to unload the combine and it sank too.ended up with two combines stuck,and two tractors stuck,trying to pull eachother out,but these were the worst of the bunch. They ended up pulling the header clean off the combine pulling it out backwards like that. Muddy mess up here this fall! The ground just turned to slop.They ended up digging the complete tractor out and the more they dug around it the more it sank.Sorry for the quality of these."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  2. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  3. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Wow those are some great pics.

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

All I can say is holy crap, what a mess.

Good Luck Mike

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Glad that's not my equipment. That's crazy how they can drive over the same area several times and everything is fine then you sink.

Reminds me of a house that my dad was building. It was an old mining area. Several other homes right around it. The bull dozer hit a mine shaft and dropped about 80 feet. Took them months to get it out. He then sold that lot and now there is a house on it. You can see where the house has settled on the outside. There are big gaps in the mortar. And they had to go around the house and drive pilings and then tie into the foundation some how...my dad is glad he got out of that one! He's got pictures somewhere of the caved in shaft and 3 cranes trying to get it out. I will see if i can find them.

6. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

What happened to the bull dozer driver?

Hopefully he didn't go down that 80'.

7. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

From what my dad said...the front started to sink and he got out then it fell...If i were him that would have scared the crap out of me if just got out then it fell.

8. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Yeah that would have scared me to death. 80' thats a long way down. I installed a drop tower ride in a park in Florida in Nov and the last section that got bolted togather was 90' in the air. I couldn't wait to get back down on the ground and that's with a safety harness on in a cage. Can you even imagine what was going threw that guys mind after it went down.

9. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

my heart rate would be 200 bps. i'm ok with SECURE heights. not something in progress like you described.

10. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

PLM-1 are you far from Wichita? A company I do install work for Chance Manufacturing is based there. Very nice area and the people were great to.

11. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Nope...Lawrence is about 15 miles west of KC. Ever heard of the KU Jayhawks?!?!?!?! That's my college's team! :redbounce

12. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

yea that would suck to be that dozer operator..i would have had a heart atack on site........I know how the land can disappear one minute on yea though.

I was using a friends case 580k 4wd hoe and moving **** buy our converted swamp into a pond. Well i pushed a pile of brush foward slowly to see if the thing was going to sink in. Didn't even leave tracks in the dirt, so i was like cool, backed up, went to push the pile faster and sunk right up to the body, front tires were gone, backs were halfway up.

I was about ready to piss my pants there, seems how it wasn't my euip and had nuthin to get it out easily...ended up using the loader bucket to keep the front end up...dug around there with shovels, tossed rr ties underneith it. used the hoe to pick the back end up and do the same thing.....set it down easily and used the front bucket and hoe simutaneously pushing/pulling backwards for about 30ft and was finally out. I parked the damn thing for the night and said that was enough.

13. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

the thing about getting something stuck in the mud is that you have to get it out then cause you don't know if it will be there when you get back. My luck it would either get stolen or the mud would turn to concrete! :dizzy:

14. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

That is the worst I have ever seen. My father got his bulldozer stuck in a sink hole. It was right in a turn around area that we had in our driveway. We've driven over it thousands of times, never knew there was a problem. He went to drive over it with the dozer, the front cleared the sink hole before it started to sink. The back sunk down to the seat of the dozer. I have pictures, I'll have to dig them out and post them. Ruined the dozer, water got into everything.

15. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Great pictures, I thought only rice farmers got $700,000.00 worth of equipment stuck like that!!!