1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just a FYI for you Ohio guys!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by wkahler, Sep 1, 2011.

1. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

The Richie Brothers auction in a few weeks has quite a few large spreaders and also some large Daniels plows for loaders in the auction this month. It is a good place i have bought a lot of stuff there and its a no reserve auction. No i am not affiliated with them at all just wanted to give you guys a heads up if your looking for some larger stuff at possible wholesale prices.

http://www.rbauction.com/
    Its listed as the Columbus sale, but its actually in South Vienna, Ohio.

2. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

do they start the item at a minimum or is it what the people start them at? thank you for the heads up

3. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Just like a normal auction but with online bidders also. If you have never been to one of there auctions or registers you have to put up 1K but if you don't by anything then you get it back on your CC with in 24hrs. Once you pay and register once that is all you have to do and any other time you go you don't have to pay a deposit again.

4. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

so if you buy one item add 1000 for your total cost into that investment? am i reading that right?

5. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

No say you buy one thing and its $250 then you can choose to take that $250 off your "deposit" or just pay for it and then they refund the "deposit" back to you. Its only a one time fee, i guess like a good faith thing with them. You can also bid on line but that is a whole different thing i have never done it since it is so close to me, but i know there are things you have to do in order to approved to bid online.

6. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I've bought there a few times. But from the auction in Chicago. You have to pre register if you want to bid. Part of registration is giving them a credit card or bank letter. You tell them how much to put on your card as a deposit and then you can bid. The thing is that whatever amount you put down for a deposit, say $1000, that is 10% of the max you can bid. So you can only bid up to $10,000. Just an FYI.

BTW, make sure you know what your buying there. No refunds or warranties.

7. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Well stated!!

8. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

thanks for the heads up!!! good luck they look to have a lot of equipment.