1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just a few ??? 's for the guys out in CO...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Doc_77, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Doc_77

Doc_77 Junior Member

i have looked around and have done a few searches on Colorado but i couldn't find any of the info i was looking for.

i was just wondering what subs get for plowing out in Colorado and also how much work is there for a small plow truck ?

their is a good chance i will be moving out there and im not sure if i should even bring my plow with me ?

2. Doc_77

Doc_77 Junior Member

bump.
    i still can't find any info on plowing in CO :(

3. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Hi Doc77. I have been plowing in Colorado over 29 years. If you are headed for Denver, then there are several good large out fits that are SIMA members, that you can sub with. Rates vary between $50 and $70 per truck hour depending on truck and experience. I just gave my guys a raise to $70. I am 45 miles outside Denver in the foothills. The market here is very strange. email me if you are thinking of a mountain town. Each one has its issues. Definitely bring your plow truck no matter where you settle. Every place gets at least a little snow. :)

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

My dad lives in Castle Rock. I haven't talked to him for awhile so I'm not sure what they've got for snow there this year.

5. Doc_77

Doc_77 Junior Member

thx szorno that was exactly the info i was looking for :)

i didn't catch your Email address but i do have a few more questions if ya don't mind answering um :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

doc if you click on scorno's name, then go to public profile, there you should find his e mail adress.

7. bingermann

bingermann Member

Colorado Plowing

Szorno is right on! I get $60/hr as a sub.

8. Doc_77

Doc_77 Junior Member

i wanted to thank every one for the reply's , you all have been very helpful :)

im bumping this back up , i have a few more questions.

im heading out to CO < golden area > over the week end or early next week.
    i was to hoping find a few contacts that are looking for drivers / subs before i go.

i was also wondering how long does the snow season last out there ?

one other thing i was wondering about ... how many plow-able events do you get a year in the foot hills ? im not looking for exact numbers but do you average more then 2 or 3 storms a month ?

9. bingermann

bingermann Member

Golden, Colorado

Golden is up against the foothills so we get a little more snow than the Denver area (usually). The snow season starts on Halloween and can run as late as May. We average 2-4 storms per month and get an average of 2" per snowfall. Not great considering Colorado used to get hammered back in the 70's and 80's. Our climate is getting much more mild than ever before. Of couse we have been in a 5 year drought season and that has had an affect on the snowfall. We are getting the occational foot to three feet of snow and hopefully that is a sign of things to come. payup

You can always make more money in a mtn. town as the higher elevations are always getting snow. Harder to get work though! If you are coming here to try and make this a full time winter job you will stave and probably freeze to death. You can however make great money in Landscaping maintenance or construction in the summer months. :angel: