1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just a feeler!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by durafish, Jan 23, 2013.

1. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Thinking about selling one of the duramaxes. Its a 2001 chevy extra cab long bed 4x4. It has 200,000 miles and runs great. Just changed the oil about a month ago and it was clean. No sign of the injectors going bad. It is the work truck package with cloth seats. Everything works as it should. It is super rusty but the rockers do have surface rust, completely SOLID though! Few bad scratches that a buffer wouldnt take out and 2 unnoticeable dents. Its no new but is in pretty good condition. Has a small exhaust leak that will get fixed but the price will go up the cost of repair. It is setup for a fisher 3 plug setup and can also buy the plow. It has 4 matching wheels and bf goodrich at tires on with about 50% left. What would you guys pay for this truck and plow. The first pic is the most recent.

NOTE some pics are with old tires and wheels. The old wheels were rusty due to have a chrome over lay on them. And tires a 265-75-16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

Do you have a price ?

3. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Hate feeler threads.

12 bucks Canadian, truck and plow.

4. durafish

from 02919

not really maybe $10,000 with plow or $8000 w/o???

5. durafish

from 02919

whats that in the US?

6. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

1 cad = 1.00030 usd

7. durafish

from 02919

So like 12 grand US? If you are serious pm me.

8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Pretty sure 12 bucks Canadian is $11.9974 US

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  9. durafish

from 02919

Oh sorry....then what is it?

10. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

My offer of 12 bucks still stands. And no zeros follow the 12. But at least now you have started with a price which might get you some interest.

11. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

No such thing as a feeler thread. Either its for sale or its not. I'm not a buyer, but u made me read this so I'm commenting.

12. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

I felt it, what do I win.

13. GMD1984

GMD1984 Senior Member

IDK know what its worth, i picked up a loaded 03, 2 years ago with 198,000 for $4,800

14. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

It's a miracle the injectors haven't been replaced! Ticking 3 k time bomb.

15. durafish

from 02919

Haha but I'm pretty sure they are fine if I do sell the buyer can get the balance rates if they want.

16. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

Here in Buffalo NY, 5,000 to 8,000 maybe

17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

$5k no plow to an unsuspecting buyer. I'm all about high mile diesels, but 01's are prone to 2 major things with miles, both very costly (inj, HGs). Word has gotten out in the last 12 years and it does a good job of scaring people away. I'd also assume that injectors were done at one time, or you have a one of a kind there.

I would never bash a for sale ad, but it's a feeler and you wanted our opinions. I'd take a chance on the truck for $4k, but I buy wholesale. I've bought better for less....but again....wholesale. If I were you trying to sell it I'd start at $6k and see what happens.

18. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Hit the nail on the head.

19. durafish

from 02919

Yea but I'm not selling it wholesale, I have more then 4 grand in this.
    Mods can delete if you want.

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'm guessing with that reply that you didn't like what you heard. I'm in the biz and telling you how it is without trying to offend. You're not selling wholesale, but are a private owner and not selling retail, don't have the ability to finance a buyer, etc. That's when higher retail prices set in. What do you hope/expect to sell it for? Honestly.

Take a look at the extremely clean 04 CC F350 4x4 Diesel Dually I'm selling on here. Brand new tires, batts, alt, exhaust, injectors, has a Blizzard mount, 30k less miles, Lariat with every option, etc. That's a $10-12k truck in our current market, and I'm honestly into it for a lot less.....and can sell it for less. I haven't had a single hit on it yet. That truck should've sold the same day for that price. The market for your truck is soft right now, that's just how it is.

I love Dmaxes. I've personally owned 6, not including trucks for resale. But I also know what it's like to work on them and sink $ into them. Especially LB7's. 2 out of 3 LB7's I had popped HG's btw 180-230k and 3 out of 3 had all 8 injectors replaced. And then some.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013