1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

just a feeler

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 2500HDVXT, Dec 20, 2011.

1. 2500HDVXT

2500HDVXT Junior Member
    from mn

thinking about selling my 2007 nbs 2500hd ccsb has the ltz package with sunroof 6.0 motor, i have a brand new 8.2 vxt on it used it for about 7 hours only. I also installed ecco hideaways in the front and rear brand new nitto terra grapplers about 5000 miles ago. imperial blue in color, spray in bedliner not even a year old, weathertec floor mats front and back. truxedo cover, ventshades painted to match truck. truck has 120000 miles on it looking to get about 25000 out it what do u guys think any input would be great

2. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

To me that's a bit high. I know it has the plow but they are a dime a dozen. The truck has 120,000 miles so that's the thing that hurts you. I can go buy the same truck without the LTZ for that price. But you never know. It may be exactly what someone is looking for. Just not me.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

If somebody does enough homework, they can find a brand new truck for not a whole lot more than that. The cost of the plow does not raise the trucks value by much.

4. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Maybe if it was a D-max.Still might be high. Almost bought a 2008 loaded D-max ccsb
    leather, power rear window etc, with 53000 miles. Missed out, it sold for 26,500

5. 2500HDVXT

2500HDVXT Junior Member
    from mn

So the question is what would you guys try to sell it for. This truck is in mint condition and it has only plowed for 7 hours total just put the plow on it I did a blue book and came up with about 18000 just for the truck

6. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

The plow is now used. Wether you used it for 1 minute, or 100 hours, it is used. So if the truck is worth 18,000 on KBB, the the plow might be worth 4,000 that leaves you about 22,000 sitting there. So if you need to get rid of it, then I would say start at 22, and take anything over 20,000. Good Luck in the possible sell.

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

You could probably get that with the plow included. It may look great, but it's still a 4 year old truck with 120k miles. Accessories don't raise the value of a vehicle and plows are an accessory.

An $18k truck with a $6k plow doesn't make for a sale price of $24k.

I see trucks all the time that have $40k in wheels, lift, paint, setreo, etc and are for sale for the price of a new truck because of all the stuff "invested". Vehicle are money pits...period.

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

there is no way i would pay anything over 12 for a truck with over 100k on it....

just me....too many miles....may be worth it but if i am spending over 12 i want below 60k...

i have an 04 diesel ford with plow and salt i would be lucky to get 12 for....blue books 18.

9. 2500HDVXT

2500HDVXT Junior Member
    from mn

Well I hate to say 12 is way off

10. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

11. tojay22

tojay22 Member

send me some pics. im interested. tojay22@aol dot com

12. rv4jesus

rv4jesus Member

I've got dibs on George's truck

That is one sweet ride. For $12,000 the lights and horn he has on it are worth it!

13. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

I would say you might have better luck taking the plow off and selling it separately. Sounds like a very nice truck and plow

14. 2500HDVXT

2500HDVXT Junior Member
    from mn

i will send some pics to you after the holidays. thanks again for all the input

15. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Not a fair comparison. You can't compare an 03-04 6.0 Ford to anything. If that as a 99-02 you'd get over $12k no problem. With that said I would suggest the original poster to remove the plow and separate. You would open the market up alot by selling it without the plow and should someone want both you can always put it back on. Or I guess you could just leave it on and let them know you'll sell without the plow. Best guess though $19-$20k. 30k miles / year is high however you look at it.

16. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I could find that truck all day long for under 20k

17. 2500HDVXT

2500HDVXT Junior Member
    from mn

I bet you can't find that truck with the same setup for 20000 all day