1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just a couple vids

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Jan 21, 2014.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

What are the embed codes for PS??

Sorry for the crap vids but we almost never have time to take quality videos during crunch time so most of them are when we are done with our rounds and just messing around.

Got done with our shift so my brother, father and I met up at our church. Brother hasn't run the blower yet this year so he wanted to play around with it. Tractor is a 2012 DK90 with a Shoule s492 blower (thanks Steve & Paul!)

http://youtu.be/bdHoPtfUM8A

Second vid is removing some snow from a private HOA we maintain. We got 5 days in a row of snow so the intersections had alot of snow that created visibility problems. This is our first time ever loading and hauling snow so don't be too harsh. Only took about 3 minutes to load a truck. There are several empty lots around the development that we hauled to. Usually the piles just get blown back to make room up front, but since we got so much all at once there was nowhere to blow them around. Blower is a 72" hi flow erskine on a rc100 mtl. Truck is an 03 c6500.

http://youtu.be/nqSz44joMuk

2. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Nice videos, any new pictures of the trucks setup and such?

3. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

How are you liking the Kioti? I know there was some concern with all the clutching and shifting. Seems like its got lots of power for that blower.

4. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Sweet blower on the Kioti! I've never seen a pull style like that.

5. snopushin ford

snopushin ford Senior Member
    from mass

How is the 450 treating you?? Is the DK90 a hydraulic shuttle shift?? Very nice equipment.

6. PTSolutions

Check out this thread http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=110685 I started when I was contemplating going to snowblowing service for our residential driveways.

The 450 has been sitting most of the winter. I have a spare mount for it, just need to pick up an electrical wiring kit for the Boss plows.

The Kioti is great. I honestly don't have any complaints with it. It is mechanical shuttle, so you do have to clutch between forward and reverse and gear changes. You get used to it and when you are doing drives you get into a rhythm and just go. I think I calculated about 1000 clutch engagements during a typical route service.

We are looking at an m100 or 110 for next season. The hydro shuttle will be much appreciated and the controls for 3pt lift/lower and gear changes available right on the right armrest, it makes for a much more enjoyable user experience lol.

No, unfortunately haven't had the time or opportunity to get everything together. I've been doing some work on my "new" house so that sucks up a lot of time. I'm going to try to get some here soon as I do need a fleet shot for the website.

7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Cool video's, anything that has to do with snow plowing/blower has to be right. Do you guys use that tractor and blower set up on parking lots or were you just messing around. To me that would be very slow way to clear lots. I would think any 8ft (even without wings) would run circles around that thing. Would like to hear your opinion, we're looking into something similar for a different application though. Thanks

8. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Say where is the tail gate on the dump Might help hold the snow from falling out

any video is a good video

9. PTSolutions

Just messing around. The tractor is strictly a resi drive unit. Though we use it to blow piles. The lot you see in the video gets all the snow piled on 2 sides of it. When the snow piles get too big I just drive through them with the tractor and blow the piles out onto the fields.

10. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

Out of curiosity, are you transporting that to your commercial properties with a trailer? Or driving it on the roads? I assume with your residential's you would get the machine there and then drive it from driveway to driveway??

11. PTSolutions

It's driven on the roads. It has a 21mph top speed. This tractor doesn't do any commercial accounts. From where the tractor is stationed to the final driveway, it is about 2-2.5 miles straight line on a map. Within that distance the tractor does about 150 driveways in an avg. time of 5hrs.