1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Just a clicking noise

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Hannalie, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Hannalie

Hannalie Senior Member

When I move the toggle switch up, left, or right all I hear is a click. The plow will not move at all and I do not hear the motor running. Any suggestions? I think that it is the motor. I replaced the solenoid truckside already but it still is not working. E47 pump.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Bad motor or bad connection. Try tapping the motor lightly with a hammer.

3. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Clean all the motor connections. If it's a one wire motor, take it off and clean the mounting surface. If you are careful, you can also use booster cables to go straight from the battery to the motor, but make sure you are clear of everything if you do that.

4. Hannalie

Hannalie Senior Member

Cleaned the connections and still nothing. I am going to purchase a new motor tomorrow and try that.