1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jumper cables with 2 plug setup.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by oldmankent, Oct 4, 2012.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Is it possible to set up jumpers off the two plug setup for jump starting cars?

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Possible but would not make sence if you are using your plow wiring.

You would need to get another 2 plug truck side or move the down stream side of your positive to the upstream side of your motor realy.

If you try to use your plow plug, you will have to put the controller in up, left, or right to jump the car as that is the only tie that the plow plug sees 12v+.

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

u would have to hold the soilenoid open and i dont think that would be good to keep that open for a long peroid of time that power wire only gets activated by the control

4. oldmankent

Too good to be true.

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

just get another power cable truck and plow side and make one but it must be cheapper to just buy a set made for that

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

my two plug is hot all the time, why could a female with male ends be made to plug right into it?

7. oldmankent

I think mine are hot too. That's why I asked. I've got to take a look under the hood when I have a moment.

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

They should be right to the battery, I think these guys are thinking of the older plows

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

If they were right to the battery, your motor would run constantly when the plow was plugged in. The - goes to the battery, the + goes to the solenoid/motor relay and another cable on the other side to the + side of the battery. Same goes for every plow, unless you have a soleniod on the plowside. I suppose we should know what kind of plow the OP is running. On your Westerns the + isn't hot until you hit your controller.

Just run another power harness straight to the battery if you are so inclined to do this project. Or buy a good jump box and don't worry about screwing around with cables.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  10. oldmankent

9'-6" Extreme V

11. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes the fleet flex plows, like the extreme-v, would have the solenoid out on the power unit, so the battery cable plug at the grill would be hot all the time. the plow side cable to plug into it would be a 42015, but it has small wires in it too that you don't need and it's about $75-80. however the regular plow side battery cable for non fleet flex plows (21294) would also work for this purpose, doesn't have the extra wires and is about half the price.

12. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Just looked at the specs on that plow... yep, you can do it.

Just like above here. the solinoid is on the plowside.... weird, but i guess what ever works.

This will work for you, but almost every other plow out there, the motor selay or solinoid is under the hood and activated by your controller to send 12v+ to the grill plug.

13. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

It is what happens when people dont say what 2 plug system they have, everyone has to guess what they are talking about. I always have to ask are we talking about new 2 plug or an old mm1 2 plug? Most if the time they dont even know.

14. oldmankent

Sorry. This is my first Fisher, so not really up to snuff on the lingo.

15. maxslights

maxslights Member

I believe all Blizzard, Western, and Fisher plows has the new style 2 plug system that has the solenoid on the hydraulic unit. I seem to remember a website that actually sells a work light, and a jumper cable kit that works for the Blizzard power supply plug. I'll try to dig it up.

16. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I don't see why you couldn't do what you want too. On my 8 1/2' Xtreme V there is only 2 cables running to the plug and they both [1 to positive 1 to negative] go directly to the battery.I've thought about making some jumper cables myself.I'm pretty sure my old 7 1/2' mm1 had the same 2 wire plug as my newer one has.

17. maxslights

maxslights Member

Yes the Boss harness would work too. That is a simple 2 round pins though. The Blizzard and Western connectors are a positive pin, a negative pin, and 2 control wires, in a larger plug. The issue is finding the "Plow Side" harness with longer leads I think.

18. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I agree it might be hard to find the plow side harness with long leads, it could probably be costum made.