1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jump pack?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mikelawtown, Feb 4, 2009.

1. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Just wondering what you guys are using out there for jump packs? I'm in the market for 1 and just looking for one for the truck and not a fleet...?Thanks

2. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i've only ever had experience with 2 jump packs. the first was made by solar and lasted us well over 5 years. the second was a carquest brand one that aint worked very well at all. i've been told by people not to get one that has a light or compressor built into it because they stink. i'm sure everyone has an opinion though and you'll probably be hearing a lot of them lol. hopefully i'll learn a thing or two as well :)

3. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

I have a black & Decker. Got it from walmart. I have had it for 4 years, probably jumped 50 cars or so and I just charged it for the first time since the initial charge I did on it. Can't complain about it for around $100.

4. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

I have a Kangaroo jump starter. Does anyone know if the internal battery is replaceable?

5. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

hey yard5864....what model and cranking power is it..Looked at them but didnt have any reviews..

6. valpoguy

valpoguy Member

I bought a few of them at Advance Auto, I keep one in each of my vehicles and boat. The few times i have needed a jump it worked

7. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

8. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

I've got a cheapy from Sam's club and it's worked well for me over the last five years.

9. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

picked up 3 of them 1150 CA models from sears a while back for the trucks. they have a light/compressor and inverter. the inverter was a nice bonus. I don't plan on using the compressors, but now that I think of it, I could probably use it to adjust my airbags in my truck if I had to.

10. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I run the solar es5000's . We have total of four with zero issues and have had for at least 6 years and still work perfect.

11. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

do you know of anyone still selling thier products? i tried doing a search but basically came up empty handed :(

12. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

We just bought anouther one this week from our shop supply company. cost was around 150-160, but these jump packs are well worth it. Are you located anywhere near Nanuet NY? I'm heading there between sat and next wed.

13. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i've heard of nanuet but aint sure where it is =/ i'm roughly an hour north of new york city.

14. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

have 2 and theyre great