1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Judge my back plow light set up

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ksnow, Feb 5, 2011.

1. ksnow

ksnow Member

I cant Never see out the back of my dually at night so i thought i would make it bright . What do you think guys look stupid.

P1010004 (2).jpg

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

ehhh more lights the better.... next time someone tailgates ya .. just flip the switch .... i do that with mine under the rear bumper ... they get the hint QUICK ... LOL
  3. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Looks like it will definitely get the job done. Nice job.
  4. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

it sure look funny but hey if it get the job done propely and claen is all we need
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I agree. They look like they will get thos job done for sure. Can you remove them when the plow isn't on?
  6. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Hey if it doesnt work out you can always use it to roast hot dogs with ! Hope you have them on a good big relay ??? And your alternator is up for the job!
  7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I think you need two more under the bumper so you can see what the plow is doing, but that will work till then
  8. ksnow

ksnow Member

cant mount lights under bumper rear plow is in the way when pulling snow
  9. ksnow

ksnow Member

yes there are two pins and pull them off
  10. ProLawn Outdoor

ProLawn Outdoor Senior Member

Haha, love it. I thought mine were good, you got me beat. Go to the auto parts store and grab a spare alternator before the next storm, pull plow, front blade, and those lights is gonna be a lot of draw. Looks great though.
  11. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Perfect! Wish I had em!

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

it doesnt matter how it looks as long as it works for you and does what you need it to
  13. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

good idea but id look into leds thats gotta be hard on your alternator
  14. ksnow

ksnow Member

I run two battery's and a high out put alternator
  15. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Doesn't look like much but who cares. You can see at night when trying to work and function is much more important than looks!!
  16. Bmxdkj

Bmxdkj Member

I bet those will light up most of Boston. The only thing I would have done a little differently is mount them a little lower so they don't block the view looking out behind the truck. But whatever works for you!
  17. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Pics of them on at night please!! They're gonna be bright