1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

joysticks or hanhelds?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by the new boss 92, Dec 20, 2008.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

how many of you like the hanhelds over joysticks? i plow using the hanheld to mach my manual trans, but would probley use a joystick if i had an automatic.
  2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I like the handheld. I think it is easier to operate the truck with it in my hand. Rather my arm on the console and moving the joy stick. JMO. I drive with one hand anyway which is normally my left. I hold it in the right hand, and shift with that hand also.
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

i use the joystick with my auto just rest arm on console ,no strain on arm and shoulder ! plus the tower bracket hold the brake control :salute: go to search plow controller Mount's
  4. FeelLikeANumber

FeelLikeANumber Member

I like hand held better. We have 6 trucks at my work with hand helds, and one that had a joystick and everybody b*tched about the joystick. In all fairness it might have been because it was operating a V blade. But my personal truck has a hand held working the 7ft 6in straight. I guess I could go either way I just am more comfortable with the hand held.

MRUSSELL Member

I have both my original 8.2 v on my dodge truck (manual trans) has a joy stick my new truck w 9.2 xvt v plow i am so use to the joy stick it drives me nuts to use the hand held controller
  6. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

I run a Joystick with my V.

Seemed easier to use than the handheld to me (played with them both at the dealer prior to deciding).
  7. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

I use the hand held, I hold it in my left hand and steer and shift (Auto) with my right. I like it, it works for me.
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Joysticks are theonly way to go on a Boss. We tried a handheld and took it back.
  9. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i agree, i used a handheld the first year i had my v plow, and bought joysticks in the spring. i like having the joystick mounted and float is easier as well. the handheld stays in the glove box as a backup.