1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joystick wiring

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by tnsteel01, Jan 21, 2011.

1. tnsteel01

tnsteel01 Junior Member

Anybody know how to wire a joystick to the Sno-Pro 2000. Want to replace original controls. Any info or a basic wiring diagram would be helpful!

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Here are the colors Black power from fuse,Brown pump solenoid,Blue left angle,White right angle,Red lift,Green float and Orange ground.Any questions give me a call 1-800-343-7676 ex3042.

3. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

I did a little research on joysticks one day, thinking how cool would it be to mount one on the shifter and operate it with my thumb as I was shifting gears. Here's what I found out:
    There are some industrial types out there but they are bigger than I wanted and expensive but would work.

Smaller ones (consumer electronics) have very low amperage ability and would not power the coils (1.5A). Maybe with a relay to run the coils? I did look at power wheel chair controllers for a second, the price scared me away real quickly.

A couple DPDT momentary switches and you would be in business.

Here's one in Indianapolis: http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/pts/2167115813.html

Chad

4. tnsteel01

tnsteel01 Junior Member

Hey amocerino, are these joystick wire colors, or are you talking about truck side wiring colors?

5. tnsteel01

tnsteel01 Junior Member

Has anybody out there actually wired up one of these (joysticks) on a sno-pro 2000 and had it work?

6. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

On a 3000 that is the colors for control and harness wiring. To wire it to a 2000 you can use the 3000 wire colors and match them to the functions on the plow.Give me a call 1-800-343-7676 ex3042