1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joystick wire replacement

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ColeyContractin, Jul 13, 2006.

1. ColeyContractin

ColeyContractin Junior Member

I have a joystick for my uni-mount plow (the one with the little red light) and the plug was crushed. Do I really need to get a whole new joystick, or can I just get the wire and plug? Or for that matter does anyone know what color wires connect? I will just cut off the plugs and put on connectors for each wire individually.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    KEN.

2. bigplow23

bigplow23 Junior Member

i had the same thing happen to me, the white plug got crushed. i found a place that sells the white plug ends and the little pins, and then i had to buy special crimpers to put it to gather. Now i just replace the plug if anything happens to it. it cost me about $15.00 to fix one. molex makes the plug end. i have some plugs left over from last year. If you want i can put one on for you, or i can just sell you the parts, or mail them to you. just email me at bigplow2@yahoo.com if intrested

thanks
    joe