1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joystick, Touch pad or Twin STick

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rockin s, Dec 22, 2008.

1. rockin s

rockin s Junior Member
    from Wyoming

What everyones favorite? I have the twin in one truck and the touch in another. I dont have alot of feeling in my fingers and sometimes its hard to feel the raised parts on the touch pads. Would the JoyStick be worth it to change too?

2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

I've always liked the twin stick. With a manual trans I mount them on the shifter. With my current truck they're mounted right where my hand is with my arm on the center arm rest.

I used a joystick one time but switched it out before the next snow. I don't like that you can't angle the plow without taking it out of float. I like to drop the plow and adjust the angle as I'm moving.

Never used a touch pad.

3. rockin s

rockin s Junior Member
    from Wyoming

Ya I am thinking I will keep the twin setup and I am gonna turn the Touch pad truck over to my GF to drive. Maybe she will like it better.

4. rockin s

rockin s Junior Member
    from Wyoming

Oh My trucks are all Automatics so i mount everything on the left side

5. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

all joysticks here. have had all 3 and like the slick stick the best. also it is the best for a manual. it has a bracket that bolts onto the shifter and then its a one finger controller.

6. jay723

jay723 Member
    from SE CT

myers also has a pistol grip, I just ordered on. I am tired of the touch pad. I had the joystick with the manual tranny, that worked out great. Now I have an auto.

7. jwkv

jwkv Member

I taped my toggle switches together and hold it in my right hand.. I can shift gears, raise lower right left, without stopping to reach for the shifter. All one motion.. I love it that way. 1 finger and thumb operate the plow.. that's it.

8. rockin s

rockin s Junior Member
    from Wyoming

I was thinking about getting the slick stick But I didnt like the price lol