1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joystick to Handheld??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ATV Plow King, Jun 29, 2009.

1. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

Can i do that? if the controller is a joystick can i replace it with a handheld, for a vee plow?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Generally yes it's plug and play, but it depends on the age of the control harness.

If its an Iso setup you're good. But if its a relay setup you'll need to see if it's a late or early harness. The early harness needs a small ground wire mod to be compatible with the handheld.

3. ATV Plow King

i tihnk its a late 90's western unimount MVP

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then it's very likely it's a relay setup and you want to check the ground setup. I can explain how to check it when your ready.

5. ATV Plow King

cool thanx ill let you no.

-Bill

6. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

question?

b&b with all do respect I ask this.

if he already has a v joystick. why would he need a ground strap for the hand held? the joy didnt come out until a 5 years ago, in which case there is no difference between the two. I know of the relay strap is for positive common systems. the mvp is a positive common system, but the controller compensates for that. basically if he already has the v joystick then he shouldn't need anything, it would be a plug and play. I would ask the question; is your joystick a mvp controller or straight blade? again b&b i am trying not to dis you, but educate if I do not know any better. thanks.

7. ATV Plow King

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thats completely my fault Noble. I missed the fact that he mentioned the vee.

PK- it's plug and play so your good to go. It's the straight blades that some need the ground mod. :nod:

9. ATV Plow King

Alright cool thanks!! :salute:

-Bill

10. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

yeah i was tryin to dance around that one.

like that b&b said it will be a plug and play