1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joystick switch replacement??

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by ajs2379, Feb 3, 2011.

1. ajs2379

ajs2379 Junior Member
    from iowa

Hey guys, I have a Hiniker Straight blade and the controller just quit on me, I have lower and right angle. It is only a few years old but not the new kind with a replaceable joystick from the hiniker dealer. Anyway, I unsoldered the joystick and took it out hoping it would have a part number on it but, no luck. Does anyone know who makes them or has anyone found one that is the similar? Looks like its probly a $.50 switch! Any help would be great, trying to save a couple hundred on a new one. Thanks!

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

My dealer has them. Yes the solder in ones. I want to say it was $28?

3. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

Can I get the name and phone number of your dealer. I need one, and my dealer said they could not get one and wanted to sell me a new controller for $235.

4. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

My dealer also sells amd resolders them in. Hermans landscape supply Jordan MN.

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Truck Utilities in St.Paul

6. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

7. ajs2379

ajs2379 Junior Member
    from iowa

ok, I got it going. what I did was I went to my hiniker dealer and got the replaceable switch for $40. They told me that it wouldn't work as my controller was not made for the replaceable switch but its physically the same switch on the same size board. SO...I unsoldered the board from the 5 pins on the controller board, I had to cut about 1/8" off of the pins to get the switch to slide on farther so that the case would close. now if the switch goes bad I just slide the old out and slide the new one in.

8. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

thats awesome i need to do the same thing thanks for the help lol

9. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

Now that the snow season is done I sent my controller (older grey harness) to Herman's Landscape supply in Jordan.MN. The soldered a new joy stick into it. Works like new, and a lot cheaper than buying a new controller. $75 plus shipping.

Thanks for the help finding someone who could do that for me.

10. Hinkler

Hinkler Junior Member

The new joysticks can be rotated 90 degrees to invert the lift/lower functions. The new controllers have the label that can also be easily removed and flipped over so it matches the inversion.