1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joystick right, plow left

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by novitjj, Feb 23, 2007.

1. novitjj

novitjj Junior Member
    from pa

Quick questions...(Newbie here)
    I have a Myers E47 w/ joystick. If I press the joystick to the left, the plow angles right and viceversa. Is this correct? (as it is going to take some time to get used to if it is.)
    Also, My quick connect seem like they sometimes are really hard to release or re-connect. If they are hard to connect it seems if I release the pressure they go together easliy. Is there suppossed to be a pressure release mechanism other than having to press the little BALL BEARING in to release it? THANKS SO MUCH!

2. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

If your "angle to the right" means that the right (passenger) side of the plow moves close to the truck, then no it is not correct.

3. akgloomis

akgloomis Junior Member

Does the plow drop when you pull the toggle down? does the switch detent in that position? If not then I would say, one it's either up side down or 2 it's been wired without the plug on harness and it's wired wrong. Please tell us the entire logic of the switch.

As for your quick couplers, there is not pressure relief for them. If they are hard to connect and unconnect without relieving the pressure, you will need to replace them. I would recommend both sets, complete.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Mounting the joystick upside down will reverse your angle functions like the guys said,but so will connecting the angle hose's backward's. If this is a new install or you had the lines apart check them too.

5. novitjj

novitjj Junior Member
    from pa

my "Angle to the right" means that the plow comes closest to the passenger side, the drivers side moves away from the truck. I thought it was backwards but it looks to me like it's the original harness and under the bumper I connect the green wire to green on plow unit, red to red and black to black.

6. novitjj

novitjj Junior Member
    from pa

I did replace them a few months back as the last ones were getting harder. This time I bought the ones with a BALL BEARING inside instead of the PIN type. When I put the vice grips on them to squeeze them closer together, i can then slide the quick release really easily and disconnect them. wihtout the aid of the vice grips, it is almost inpossible to slide the quick release. Thanks for all your help!

7. novitjj

novitjj Junior Member
    from pa

It may be the hoses I guess. The previous pwner might have taken it apart and put the wrong ends on the block. My left angle ram ( drivers side) connects to the connector closest to the left side of the truck and the right ram hose connects to the connector on the block that is furthest to the right. IS THIS CORRECT?? Thanks again 4 all ur help!

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nope, your hoses are backward's.That's probably your whole problem. The driver side ram hose goes to the pass side coupler on the pump and the pass ram hose goes to the coupler furtherest to the driver side. Swap the hoses and your problem will be solved. :)

9. novitjj

novitjj Junior Member
    from pa

That makes perfect sense! I'll have to just swap out the ends (on the hoses) only. Is there special plumbers tape for hydralics that I should use? When I replaced the old ones, I'm pretty sure I just used regular white plumbers tape on the threads to the connectors. Is that O.K. / compatible with the myers blue hydralic fluid or is there some special tape I should use? Thanks, ONCE AGAIN, 4 all of the help!

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Regular old thread tape is just fine. Just be sure when you wrap the tape around the thread's that you start the tape up a thread or two from the very first thread on the end of the fitting.This will prevent any tape from getting in the hydraulic system. You'd be surprised at the number of filters that I remove from a hydraulic system that have thread tape caught in them.

11. novitjj

novitjj Junior Member
    from pa

MAN!!! THANKS SOOO MUCH FOR UR HELP!!! GOTTA LOVE THIS SITE!!! Have a GREAT ONE!!!!