1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joystick question-want to modify

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

Ok all you smart people, give me some ideas as to what i can do to make the joystick controller bigger/longer?

I was thinkingsomething with pvc,if i can find it small enough to fit the "stick"

thanks

Rich

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Many guys simply slip a short piece of heavy wall rubber tubing over them the length they want.

3. Scenic Lawnscape

is that something i can get at the "d"

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Any auto parts store will sell it to you by the foot.

5. just me

just me Member

If you have a big truck stop near by they may have switch extensions in all sorts of lengths and colors. Those road cowboys like them with jewels in the ends, chrome, etc. I have a couple in the shop. I will see if they fit the controller lever tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Most won't right out of the wrapper but they're easy enough to drill. :nod:

7. just me

just me Member

That would work for one that is too small. They do come in different sizes tho. I think the switch levers in my Pete are bigger. That controller lever is tiny !!!

8. Scenic Lawnscape

Thanks for the tip, but i live in the big city area so truck stops are far and few between

9. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i use shrink tubing to extend the stick.

10. just me

just me Member

I just checked my extensions and their too small to fit and wouldn't accept a drill big enough without becoming too weak. I cut a 3" piece of 3/8ths fuel hose..:D