1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

joystick or smart touch

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ServiceOnSite, Sep 19, 2007.

which do you prefer? smart touch or joystick

1. smart touch

34 vote(s)
  2. joystick

26 vote(s)
  1. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

what do you prefer ??? the joystick or the smart touch

my vote--smart touch
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  2. matthewsimmons

matthewsimmons Junior Member

i prefer smarttouch, but i havent tried the joystick, i almost want to, to see if i would like it better... Whoa first post hmm
  3. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I voted Smarttouch! I use to have joystick, but the first time I tried ST2... AWSOME!

Express up
    Express down, if that's what it's called

Little controller is easy to mount just about anywhere.
  4. ServiceOnSite

i like the size of the smart touch as well. fits nice between the seat and the center consol
  5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

You all can have every one of those smart touch extension corded tangled what do you do when you shift POS they ever made.................

My arm sits on the center console with the joystick right there - it doesn't move, it doesn't get tangled, heck, I can even shift gears and without looking reach down and there it is...

Seriously, we had one smart touch and OMG what a PITA compared to how we set up joysticks.
  6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

framer i agree.
    I tried out the smart touch but didnt like it. im more conventional i guess, i just find the joystick easier to use. in my mind i feel more in control lol
  7. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

I like the Smart touch way better, but I personally have the joystick since I bought my package used and that's what it came with. The pickup at work has the S touch. Before that I ran a truck with a Western hand held at work for a bunch of years, so it's probably got a lot to do with what you get used to. I'll be saving my $$$ for the S touch and probably either sell the J stick or keep it as back-up since there's nothing wrong with it.
  8. fnltch

fnltch Junior Member

I love my joystick I can lift and wing foward in an easy step while driving up the pile while stacking .When i want to wing left or right it is just a tap on the joystick no looking down to find which button to push .no surprises I know what i am doing when i push the the joysick . Besides I get that jet fighter kind of feel when I am out plowing. Kinda like the thrill I used to get when playing an arcade game back in the day!!!!!
  9. ServiceOnSite

ok ive never had a problem with the coard tangled on anything. i wonder if its possible to trade controlers with anyone local just for an event and then get some feedback on which is prefered. that would be kinda cool
  10. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Considering that the joystick control is about as big as my foot, i'd have to vote Smarttouch.

If they made a nice small joystick better than the Fishstick, i think i'd like that.
  11. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

That was my opinion also,....until I tried it. This last storm (14 hrs) was a great test to try it with and I love the joystick. SO much easier to use. I wish I could vote again for the joystick.
  12. Little Jon

Little Jon Senior Member
    from Buffalo

I like mine, it looks like a joystick box, but has 3 rocker switches. One for up/down and one for each wing. Best thing ever.
  13. droptine

droptine Member

I've always used a handheld laid accross my leg (Hiniker), Plowed today with poly vee w/ joystick, Not bad. I think I overtemp'd and tripped the breaker, by holding in slant too long, sat for 5 minutes trying to figure it out and it started working again, joystick will take some getting used to.