1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joystick mounting

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 496 BB, Nov 5, 2011.

1. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Just wondering where you can secure a Western hand joystick (the box ones; electric) at on the box? I built a console for this and tried velcro but it sucks as usual. I see two little screw tunnels on each end caddy corner to each other but they do not go thru the top. Just wondering how if at all can I mount this securely. Post pics if you have em.

2. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

3. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Thanks sir. I thought about it and am just going to use the screw that holds the back cover on and get a longer one and screw thru bottom of my console since its wood. Kinda wanted to switch it around from door to console but Velcro sucks anymore it appears as I can see that coming off within an hour. Oh well this will work. Thanks again.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

3M foam tape works very well.

5. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Does it work on mouths?

6. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Ditto, 3M double sided tape.

7. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

3M also has a heavy duty Velcro strip that works well. Not sure if you have a center counsel shifter or not, but if you do you may want to try to mount it to the shifter itself. I have Velcroed (even duct taped once or twice) my joystick to all my trucks with center counsel shifters. it saves a ton of fatigue from having to move your hand/arm every time you have to shift gears and/or adjust the plow. Just rest your hand on the shifter and and the joystick is always a fingers reach away.