1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joystick location?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by leroyz71, Dec 14, 2009.

1. leroyz71

leroyz71 Junior Member

Where do you jeep guys mount your plow controller? I have a 95 YJ that i'm putting a 6-1/2' meyers on and was trying to figure a good location for the joystick. I was thinking of maybe mounting it on the stick shifter or the dash loction where the rear dfrost switch would go. Any thoughts?

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Mine are on the gear shift.

[​IMG]

3. sjwrangler

sjwrangler Member

My Slickstick on my 92 YJ is mounted to the dash in front of the 4wd indicator. It screws upwards into the dash, the wires going through the gauge plastic and behind the dash before going through the firewall. Down where the fog/rear wiper switch is the toggle that switches between main and plow headlights.

4. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

When I plowed with a manual trans YJ I mounted mine to the front of the center console, easy to get to and no reaching for the dash.

5. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

On my 04 Rubicon its on the face of the dash just in fornt of the ignition key. Works great there with the auto trans.

6. RH31379

RH31379 Member

On my 87 i have it mounted to through the windshield kracket so i can reach it and rest my arm on teh window

7. softpathcarpet

softpathcarpet Junior Member

I mounted my Slik stick to some steel gas piping I bought at the local hardware store
    Total cost ...about 8 bucks
    It just slips (firmly) into forward cup holder and is in the perfect place when shifting from Drive to Reverse on a auto trans.
    Total install time.. 10 minutes (1 minute to install, 9 minutes drinking beer and patting myself on the back)
    I will post pictures soon.

8. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Touchpad here. Heavy duty velcro on the armrest does it for me.
    Easy to just lift it off when I gotta get out of the vehicle. I'm a lefty so it's the perfect setup for me.
    [​IMG]

edit: I know the thread was from a year ago and resurrected by the poster before
    me but the info may help some newbs with their setups.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  9. softpathcarpet

softpathcarpet Junior Member

Pics as promised

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

We have two jeeps, first one is a 1972 CJ-5 with 3 speed trans, the slik stik is on the shifter. The second is a 95 YJ with auto trans and we mounted that one to the front of the center consol so that it doesn't interfeer with the cup holders. Now as you can see here everybody has thier own thing. The best thing is sit in the drivers seat and hold your controler in different locations to see what is the most comfortable for you.

11. martyman

martyman Senior Member

I'm going to try and make a version of that cup holder mount for my snoway controller Thumbs Up

12. martyman

martyman Senior Member

13. danskool

danskool Junior Member

My Factory Snow way switch box broke. Tossed it. I made my own control stick. With my controls at my finger tips i can keep my hand on the stick shift.

My plow has power down so i Had to install a relay pack under the hood so i can keep all the control of the plow and then some.kept it simple on the stick..

Jeep plow controller.jpg

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  14. MarineSniper

MarineSniper Member
    from CT

Mounted my toggle switches for my Meyer on the center console (aftermarket) along with my back plow control, strobe switch, and back up spot light. On the front is the remote for the back up camera (on/off). Kept my original toggles hooked up (disconnected) and intact, located to the left side of steering wheel just in case of any issues in the field.

1224101517.jpg

15. snowplowdog

snowplowdog Member

I have a 90 YJ with a 5 speed. I mounted the joystick to the gearshifter so I can reach it easily.