1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joystick for Old Lobo Sno-way V Plow

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by snowman2025, Dec 18, 2007.

1. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

Do they make joysticks for this plow? I have a new joystick for my 32 series, but my dad has the old Lobo Sno-way V plow. I think the serial number starts with 28D or something like that. He has the old obnoxiously big yellow box with toggle switches and wanted to do something like my setup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The rocker switch control was the only one offered for this series of v-plow.

3. snowman2025

Would it be possible to retro fit a current V-plow joystick to work?

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The current control is microprocessor based and is designed to run our current production hydrualic units. This is a 3 wire system, (power, ground, and signal) .

I don't see anyway that it could be converted.

5. snowman2025

So, I'd have to find a Monarch hydraulic system to switch out the old Fenner system for any chance of it working? Dang. Time to tell him to upgrade...haha

Thanks for the help Toby.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Would depend how hard you are willing to work. You might get the new control to work with the Fenner unit. but it would require some work. go the the Snoway service center and download the wiring and Hydraulics info for both plows. then see if you can trace the functions and overlay the wiring for the new style v. It's not imposable just high dollar and time consuming.

IMO UPGRADE