1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joystick controller mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by blaze13, Dec 28, 2008.

1. blaze13

blaze13 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hey yall i'm new and this is my first year plowin snow. Can anyone help me find a bracket to mount my boss joystick to. I have a 2000 Ford F-350 and I cannot find a mounting bracket anywhere to buy. Thanks

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i got some 16 gauge sheet metal form the local hardware store and formed it to mount in my center console on my 2000 f-350 when the console is closed it holds it in place so i dont have to drill any holes. let me know if your interested ill get a pic for yea.

3. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

4. NEWENGLAND

NEWENGLAND Junior Member

Handheld Joystick

I have that handheld Boss joystick and it really SUCKS!

Cant mount it anywere on my 2003 dodge truck. I have wrapped it in Velcrow and attached it directly to the left of the radio. It still wobbles back & forth making precise plow movements totally impossible. A Novice user would crash the plow into something for sure.

With my left hand on the steering wheel and my right hand on the shift I wounder if boss thinks people come with three hands?

Heres is a HINT IF BOSS READS this website.

Get rid of the stupid handle and make the Joystick a Square Flat box with six or eight mounting holes for screws. Make the back able to epoxy onto a dashboard.

and MAKE THE BUTTONS BIGGER! Amazingly enough people wear Gloves when its ZERO degrees outside ! and your finngers dont move well when Frozen!

Speaking of that. How about adding a 110VAC Hydraulic heater that you can plug in just like the truck block heater. and a 12 VDC Hyd heater to keep the fluid moving in sub-zero temps.

Oh and a REAL Down Pressure would be nice.

Capt Walt

Newenglandcharters@maine.rr.com

5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

you ever try a boss joystick? i used the handheld for a year then switched to the joystick and love it, its mounted and is in the same place everytime i grab for it.