1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joystick Control Useres: How is your controller moutner

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MikeRi24, Oct 17, 2010.

1. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I just got my new (to me) '06 Chevy 2500HD and it came with a Boss 7'6" straight blade and has the joystick controller. It was not mounted any anything when I got it, and I am looking for a good place for it thats out of the way. The truck is a regular cab with the split bench seat, and I added a center console/armrest in the middle so mounting it to the seat is out. any other creative ideas that keeps it out of the way but in good reach? thanks!

2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Does it have carpet or rubber floors?

If it has rubber, western sells a magnetic holder, thats what i had in my 3500hd. It's flexable so you can manuver it around.

western mount.jpg

western mount2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  3. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

it has rubber but the problem is the controller is so heavy that i dont think that would hold it in one place. I rigged up 2 CB mic clips to the front side of my center console and tried to hang it off that but the problem is the weight it just bent them. So now I have holes in my center console and no controller mount. Figured I'd snag some ideas here before I start drilling holes all over the place on my new truck haha

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I mount the controller on the shift lever. I its always were I meed it. I can shift and work the plow at the same time.

5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

This may or may not give you an idea. This is my homemade contraption to control a fenner pump that is mounted on a MM1 set up.

[​IMG]

T.J.

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Sorry the Boss Joystick is way to BIGto mount on the shift lever. I modified a Fisher joystick to work the Boss V plow and mounted that on the Shifter

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Dang I was just outside too in my truck. I'll get one tomorrow of how I have mine mounted on my center console.

8. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I had something VERY similar to that. I screwed 2 CB mic clip mounted to the front on the console, and then put 2 screws with a spacer and a large washer into the controller and then slid the whole thing into the mic clips. It was just too heavy and bent the clips. This truck is also my personal transportation in addition to work truck, and given how large this thing is compared to other controllers I have seen, I'd like to mount it in a way which I can take it out when I'm not plowing. Below is a pic of my interior and you can see the console.

Chevy 007.jpg

9. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

control mt .

i just made a bracket system that slipped under and between the console on my 2001 hd ,just used the bracket's that come with the control kit and assembled them to were you could just remove it when you did not need it buy just unclipping it .

0009 joystick side .jpg

IMG_0010 joystick.JPG

10. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Im not trying to be a smartass, but you could always get another controller and save the hassle if its in the budget, the handheld control looks like it would be perfect for you. I believe they are interchangeable

11. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I'm looking into those. They do seem a bit pricey, but I'm really considering it. Each has its pros and cons.

12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I'll get a pic of how I have mine set up. I think it'll be what you are looking for.

13. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Here is how mine is mounted. I took a bracket that is made by boss for the joysticks. I think this is what you are looking for. The last pic is of the bracket from boss.

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

14. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

funny you posted that. a guy from the fire hall just gave me that exact bracket he had laying around. I was like hmm what am I supposed to do with this but after you posted those pics, I have an idea!

15. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

If you look at the second pic you will see I had to offset it on the bracket. Because of the full center counsole if I did not offset it the controller would of been to far over and not to mention covering up one of my cup holders.:drinkup: Then with my ebling controller I just used the other 2 mounting holes on the bottom of the controller and added a piece of steel to connect them.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010