1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joy Stick troubles

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Keltic, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Keltic

Keltic Junior Member

I just purchased a new v-plow from a local Western dealer and went for the optional handheld cabcommand unit not mounted on the dash. After about 20 hours use one of the wires running to the unit came loose. The dealer supplied another handheld but did not protect the wire attachment to the unit. My operator is not a rough guy and no one else is using this truck and plow. One week later the same problem occurs. Has anyone had any troubles with this piece of equipment? The dealer is now saying a third handheld will not be warrantied but if the unit is so poorly designed it won't take normal use what are my options?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I haven't heard of any wire "pull out" problem's with the Western hand held's.Since you said that it wasn't being abused or misused maybe you just got a bad one. IMO Western's quality control is second to none but it can happen.