1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joy stick light goes out when you try to lift plow.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 64snowman, Jan 20, 2014.

1. 64snowman

64snowman Junior Member
    from MA

I think problem is the wiring harness or solenoid. Any suggestions?

2. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Are you sure that isn't the light that shows it's in the float position? Need more info. What controler/plow setup? Is it still functioning properly or just the light goes out? My blizzard 8/10 control box has a light that comes on when you hold the plow forward function/float. As soon as you lift it up, it disappears.

3. jshocik

jshocik Member

Which light goes out, the green or red? The green is supposed to go out. that's for float. Does the plow still function when hitting the controls? If so, then the solenoid is working.

4. 64snowman

64snowman Junior Member
    from MA

OTE=jshocik;1730273]Which light goes out, the green or red? The green is supposed to go out. that's for float. Does the plow still function when hitting the controls? If so, then the solenoid is working.[/QUOTE]no power to plow out of battery plow harness with key on; joystick light is on, but when you move the joystick to move plow, no movement& joystick light goes off.

5. jshocik

jshocik Member

The thread starts with: "Joy stick light goes out when you try to lift plow." & ends with the quote. NO other info is given. I'm just trying to help!!!

6. TerraScraper

TerraScraper Member

Go to your batteries and wiggle the large ring terminals to get a better connection. POSITIVE and NEGATIVE side, if that doesn't do it clean connection at power plug and wiggle connections at solenoid on plow side. If that works, make sure you clean terminals with a wire brush after the storm.

Worked for me when I first hooked plow up this year