1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

joy stick control

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jeffward, Feb 23, 2005.

1. jeffward

jeffward Junior Member

i just bought a 92 f250 w/leo plow. the joy stick is about a 5"*5" box mounted between the seats. is was wondering if there is a way to disable the joy stick while driving. if someone were to tap, bump it the blade drops right to the ground. is there a way to wire in a safty shut off to use when driving? im woried about one of my kids hitting it while were going down the road. thanks

2. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Trace back the power wire from your solonoid to the controller and cut it and put a plug on it.

3. Raydon

Raydon Member

Jeff, I have an Arctic plow with a joystick controller. Mine has a cutoff switch on the side of mine just for that reason. It's actually a rocker switch that moves one way to release all the pressure from the lines for un hooking and the other way kills the power to make it inoperable. If you could isolate the power wire in the line going to the joystick you could put an interupt switch on. Good luck

4. smiti105

smiti105 Member

I just put a simple on-off toggle switch on the power wire to the joystick. this cuts all power going to the selenoids on the pump and disables the joystick.