1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joma 6000 cutting edge

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by Township1, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Township1

Township1 Member

Anybody run this cutting edge? opinions?
  2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Work great!

We started running them in limited numbers last season (1 set per shed) and the only complaint I heard was the snow/slush tended to stick to them (A very minor complaint for DOT guys).lol
    They scraped excellent, where quieter,less vibration and so far have out lasted the carbide over 5x's and still running...
    This year all front blades in NHDOT have been provided with a set...:drinkup:
  3. LON

LON Senior Member

I've quoted a few sets out but that is about as far as it went. Once most hear the price the idea of running it goes out the window.
  4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Update after running the blades for several storms.

Update, we love our blades, they are quiet,scrape better than the standard carbide,very little to no vibration just a very good blade overall.
    The trial set that we where given to use last season lasted all of last season and five storms into this season before we swapped them out.They still have some life left in them...We went threw at least four sets of standard carbides with cover plates compared to the one set of jomas.

5. Destructo_d

Destructo_d Junior Member

Ya. The company I work for in Kamloops, British Columbia sells the Joma 6000 too.... most highway dept's tend to run standard carbide on the belly and joma (if they use it) on the front.....