1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jolly Green Giant (my plow truck)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Rusty Silence, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Rusty Silence

Rusty Silence Senior Member

My plow truck. It's a '78 3/4 ton Dodge, 360, auto with dual batteries. Bought it for $500 in the fall with the plow. It has no working gauges (yet) but it has hot heat, working wipers (even the windshield washer works!) and it runs great. I had the carb rebuilt, tuned it up, got the lights working and boy am I glad I have her this winter, it's been fun! I just plow my car lot, and family and friends. I have enough family and friends to keep me pretty busy though, lol. I was plowing my buddy Seth's drive when I remembered BushHogBoy asked for some action photo's in another thread and so I asked Seth to take a couple of pics. I forgot he likes to dabble in photography. He made the ol' girl look so good I thought I would start a thread for my truck. I would like to find an old Ramcharger in good shape to do drives with next year and pick up some more work. I'm actually a GM guy but these old Dodges are so ugly they're cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's my ballast.. it's a chunk of concrete my buddy set in there with a front end loader.

[​IMG]

It's a rusty old truck but I love the ugly vintage two tone. I would like to find a rust free body to swap onto it. The cab on this truck is surprisingly solid though.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  2. Rusty Silence

3. Rusty Silence

4. Rusty Silence

5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Best $500 you ever spent I am sure! Actually looks fairly solid.

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Those are some great pics. I really like the one with the red barn in the background. That is a throwback truck, and it's cool. ussmileyflag

7. Rusty Silence

yes it was the best $500 I've spent, lol. the pics with the red barn in the background are my favorites too.

8. Rusty Silence

9. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

Love the truck and the pic with the red barn in the background. I think that is a great picture for some type of advertisement. Maybe send it in to dodge?

Great deal on that thing too! Keep having fun with it!

10. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Dude, you can't be on the phone in the picture, it ruins the nostalgia of a time gone by.:D

11. Rusty Silence

It kinda does!

I know, I thought that too when I saw it. Just pretend I'm sticking my finger in my ear, people used to do that in the seventies, right? lol

12. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Nice 'ol Dodge. Always loved the old Dodge trucks, until they decided to completely change in the style, I think, in 1994?

13. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

thats sweet im on the hunt for a ramcharger too hopefully a 318 4spd

14. fireboy5722

fireboy5722 Senior Member

nice looking truck love the old dodges.wesport

15. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Nice old Dodge. I had that same truck. Boy could that thing push some snow. Mine wasn't as pretty as yours though.

16. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

awesome old truck!!!

17. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

What a deal for $500 !

You Suck !

Thumbs Up

18. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Got to love those old trucks thats when they were built solid.

19. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

Good looking truck brother, and looks to me alot of fun.

20. Rusty Silence

Thanks for the compliments guys! One thing I like about the old truck is that it's so simple to work on, there's very minimal wiring and everything is easy to get to. I can change the fuel pump in less than 20 minutes, lol.