1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joliet,IL area bagged salt!!!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jblatti13, Oct 25, 2009.

1. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

came across a craigslist listing for bagged rock salt, mortons and safe-t-salt. guy out of minooka has 2500# pallets for 150 cash. forklift available and he loads em right up. ill post the link and more info. tomorrow night after i check it out. going to get a couple skids if i like the stuff. havent found anything cheaper tho, has anybody else?
  2. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

drop me a line when u check it out...
  3. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

picked mine up today.... he mostly has mortons salt water softener salt, but salt is salt anyway... nice coarse stuff that will flow through my tailgate spreader... buddy that went with me got a few pallets, some of his were actually some high grade stuff, nice clean and a few bags had the white crystals that melt before the salt kicks in. the pallets are kind of mix and matched with 2 different brands but same quality. only problem is most of the bags were ripped which made unloading kinda messy, but for 150, he's my guy for the winter. said he'll have stock for that price all season, so i just got one skid and will make return trips if i have to.... dont know the guys name but the company is called economy landscaping, in minooka off ridge road. 815 955 2517.
  4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

do you know the price if its not cash?
  5. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

not sure of the price if paid by check or cc. the way he get's all the pallets is his brother runs a company that bags the salt. he kinda purposely damages some bags, gives him to this guy, and they sell the pallets for 150. so im not sure if they'll take anything besides cash. either way, there not stolen or anything, so i didnt have a problem paying the guy. if he's ripping the companies off, so be it. we've been gettin jerked around by salt prices for years by these companies so i dont feel bad.
  6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Where is this in relation to Rockford?
  7. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

minooka is about 15-20 minutes west of joliet. so from rockford, a few hours. im guessing you have an idea how far joliet is from you? id say around 2 hours. hope you have a HD or flatbed, i wouldnt want to drive that far with a 2500# pallet on a 1/2 or 3/4 ton.