1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joining the GMC family

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Jan 11, 2010.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Well I gave in I missed my old GMC. So I sold the F150 and went on a search for a gmc with a 5.7 350 and all power and push button 4x4. So my search prolonged for a bit. Decided to go check out a truck. So I said ya I will go for it well I bought it lol. 1998 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext. Cab Short Bed. It has a 3" Flowmaster exhuast and K&N system. Truck has 3" body lift and 33" tires. It has 138k on it but runs great. Tranny was redone 2 years ago and the tranny has a shift kit. I paid $2,500. I thought I got a good deal. On the passenger side it has some small dents. I am going to go pick up the truck on friday. I will get more pics. Here is the pic from the listing.
    [​IMG]

2. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

awesome deal!!! I like that truck!

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Your now on my ignore list!

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

haha dont worry gv I still have the f250.

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya it is nice. it has really good power. and the exhaust sounds great haha. reminds me of my old green truck but a little better with the lfit and everything.

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking truck for the money.

You putting a plow on it?

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Probably not. It will just be a everyday truck. I will just plow with the f250.

8. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

Whys the front sitting so high?

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

they had something heavy in the back. and with the 3 inch lift in it, when it squats it looks like it squats a lot lol

10. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Love those style GMs and i like the grill style vs. the chevy band going across. Looks good!

11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Welcome to the Gm family LJ looks like a nice ride-my dads 98 is a real smooth riding and comfortable truck

12. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

x2, Grandview said it all.

13. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck :drinkup: dont worry about them :gunsfiring:ford fellas

14. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

x3 :sleeping: well at least if yea need parts you can just call up barack and he'll send em out for yea :laughing: youll be getting another ford to replace it before long

15. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

That's why I didnt get a Chevy. The front end's are ugly. I love the style of these older gmc's. But IDK if I like it more then the looks of my f250. But when I test drove it, it remined me of how comfortable my other truck was. I mean this 98 isn't in as good of shape as my 96 was. But the price was right and with a little lovin' I couldn't go wrong. I was surprised when I looked at the truck there was no rust on the cab corners. But the only rust is on the bottom of the third door thats it. I can't wait to get it home. My buddy couldnt loan me his dealer plate because he needed it or else I would have brought someone with me and I would have driven it back. Lawnpro It is at exit 42 geneva on I90

16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya man there great trucks. I am just filling in for a truck I probably should have never gotten rid of.

17. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Hey I can't say anything because I still am a proud ford owner. Just added a GMC to the stable.

18. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Didn't you just buy a 97 or so F150?

19. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

What happened to the 90's f350 you bought a few months ago? I must have missed something!

20. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I bought the 95 f350 with hopes to pick up more accounts and I didnt pick up any, but I lost some. So I sold it made a few bucks on it. I bought a 1997 F-150 which was a really nice truck. But I started to miss my old 96 gmc and thought maybe I could replace it. So I sold the F150 and bought another gmc. Pic of my old truck.
    [​IMG]