1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JOIN SIMA TODAY AND GET A FREE COAT AND $50 off your membership

Discussion in 'Snow & Ice Management Association - SIMA' started by JD Dave, Dec 17, 2009.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The best time to join Sima is NOW. I'm offering all new Sima members that sign up using JD Dave as a referral a free Sima coat ($40 value+ shipping) Come on what are you waiting for, with the discount on membership you can join for as low as $130.00 Stop thinking about it and join today.

http://www.sima.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=224

Tools to help members
    o Contracts, production rates and other helpful forms on the website
    o SIMA Learning Center
    o Industry related articles / facts
    o Save money with the SIMA Savings program
    o SIMA member search…new and improved!

Certified Snow Professional (CSP)
    o Distinguish yourself from all other snow contractors by becoming a CSP! Be the best in the industry by concentrating on Business, Human Resources, Marketing, Sub-Contractors, Snow & Ice Science, Snow & Ice Operations and Techniques.

Recognition: SIMA Awards Program
    o Excellence in Business award: General and Affiliate Members are eligible to nominate their company. Up to 5 Excellence in Business awards can be given out each year at the symposium, 1 for each General Member category (there are four of those) and one for Affiliate members.
    o Employee of the Year: Any member can nominate an employee to win this award, which is presented at the annual symposium
    o Safety Awards: SIMA has just added a Safety Awards program. Any general member can apply to receive one of these awards, contact SIMA for information.

What can SIMA do about finding me an insurance provider?
    SIMA has a list of providers that we know offer the proper amount of coverage. Contact the office to get these names or go to the SIMA Learning Center for more. But, it is definitely dependent on their location. Also, talking to a SIMA buddy are good ways to get to talk to someone who has the proper coverage.

Anti and De-icing Information?
    SIMA does have some great information available online. It can also be mailed to you, along with some helpful contacts. Snow Business magazine is also a good resource, and often publishes articles related to anti and de-icing.

How do I price a job?
    Generally, pricing is very dependent on the specific location and market of the contractor. There are many ways to price a job, and SIMA does have some information regarding these methods. The Buddy program is probably the best single source for pricing information, as well as the Snow and Ice Symposium. Regional training topics, especially our Build-A-Bid program available 2009, often touch on pricing information as well.

Sima Coat.jpg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

my renewal is coming up, im gonna cancel and then sign up again just so i can get my free coat, thanks Dave LOL

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I think it has to be a new membership.

4. rredd13

rredd13 Member
    from ontario

You have my attention,,,i need a new coat its cold over here in Drayton whats the basics of signing up Dave?
    and weres my white truck i need to put a plow on it!

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I will let you plow with my truck if you sign up. ;) The coat is more a fall or spring coat it's not really warm enought for the Drayton winters. Here's where you sign up. :D http://sima.org/registernewmembers.cfm

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Us ohio guys have to stick together!!!

I'll get you a Vest or Jacket to keep you warm!

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Good thing I'm not in this thread trying to take guys away from JD. But just in case you want to buy American you can use me as a referral!

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Don't be a hater guys and thanks for the bump.

9. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Even for a worst case senario, use it as a tax write off... Just I dont think i've ever seen the tax man giving out free coats LOL

10. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I wish I had waited to join now instead of signing up this summer for the discount price when using a members name.

I used your name JD Dave, Thanks.:D

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks alot. Even at full price I think the membership is worth it. :drinkup:

12. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I signed up use J.D Dave's name . I'll let you know if the coat is worth it. It saved me $50 too

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks alot Carl. Post up how the coat is when you get it. Remember it's a $50 coat not $200 coat. LOL

14. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

JD Dave, Keep the coat and let me borrow you CSP study modules(assuming you're a CSP) and you have a deal!!!!

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm lazy and I havn't read them yet. How about I send them to you, you copy them and then send them back.

16. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Hey there JD Dave, we signed and used u as the referring member, the sixe is xxl, a vest would be way nicer tho. You need me to send u anything, or do they contact you. Looking forward to browsing the site and see what is on there, I believe i am the only member in NM. Not sure how u check that. Thanks for the vest, I mean Jacket, or is it a vest? Merry Christmas...and have a safe plowing season.

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I guess you'll see when you open up your present.;) Thanks for the referall. :drinkup::drinkup:

18. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Hey Thats Kool, Merry Christmas. :salute:

19. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

:D:D

[​IMG]

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

HA HA. .........:rolleyes: