1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Join SIMA for $50 off and CASH back!!

Discussion in 'Snow & Ice Management Association - SIMA' started by ff610, Nov 13, 2011.

1. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Join SIMA for $50 off and CASH back!
    The SIMA Membership Drive has Officially Began!​
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now is your chance to join SIMA (Snow and Ice Management Association) for $50 off by using the name "R.C. Iossi Co."
    Get you membership for as low as $130.00 and enjoy the great benefits offered. WAIT it gets BETTER! By using my name "R.C. Iossi Co." I will send you $40.00 once SIMA verifies you have signed up using my name! Thats a membership for $90.00. Take that money and buy something you really want! I joined SIMA after being in the business for over 20 years and have been amazed with the wealth of information offered, and the benefits they have provided me. I've already signed some great accounts from simply being a member. Message me with any questions or feel free to give me a call anytime. Don't wait, come join the fun!

http://www.sima.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=364#potential

What are the benefits available to me as a SIMA member?
     Education
    o Training Videos (7 Available)
    o Recorded online Web-Training
    o SIMA buddies: Designed for members in their first year. New members are paired with a seasoned SIMA member; the buddy is available to answer questions and be a resource when needed.
    Discounts on education…
    o Annual Snow and Ice Symposium…this year, Buffalo, NY 2012
    o Regional Training sessions…happen every spring and fall

 Networking at events like the Symposium

 Marketing: SIMA offers discounted marketing brochures to members to help them sell their snow and ice removal services

 Website Resources and Information
    o Snow Business magazine, comes out 6 times a year
    o SIMA e-newsletter, The Update, monthly
    o SIMA membership mailings and updates
    o Website updates and announcements

 Tools to help members
    o Contracts, production rates and other helpful forms on the website
    o SIMA Learning Center
    o Industry related articles / facts
    o Save money with the SIMA Savings program
    o SIMA member search…new and improved!

 Certified Snow Professional (CSP)
    o Distinguish yourself from all other snow contractors by becoming a CSP! Be the best in the industry by concentrating on Business, Human Resources, Marketing, Sub-Contractors, Snow & Ice Science, Snow & Ice Operations and Techniques.

 Recognition: SIMA Awards Program
    o Excellence in Business award: General and Affiliate Members are eligible to nominate their company. Up to 5 Excellence in Business awards can be given out each year at the symposium, 1 for each General Member category (there are four of those) and one for Affiliate members.
    o Employee of the Year: Any member can nominate an employee to win this award, which is presented at the annual symposium
    o Safety Awards: SIMA has just added a Safety Awards program. Any general member can apply to receive one of these awards, contact SIMA for information.

What can SIMA do about finding me an insurance provider?
    SIMA has a list of providers that we know offer the proper amount of coverage. Contact the office to get these names or go to the SIMA Learning Center for more. But, it is definitely dependent on their location. Also, talking to a SIMA buddy are good ways to get to talk to someone who has the proper coverage.

Anti and De-icing Information?
    SIMA does have some great information available online. It can also be mailed to you, along with some helpful contacts. Snow Business magazine is also a good resource, and often publishes articles related to anti and de-icing.

How do I price a job?
    Generally, pricing is very dependent on the specific location and market of the contractor. There are many ways to price a job, and SIMA does have some information regarding these methods. The Buddy program is probably the best single source for pricing information, as well as the Snow and Ice Symposium. Regional training topics, especially our Build-A-Bid

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

LOL maybe so! I'm marketing to all those guys out there like myself that want nothing to do with a shovel! Good luck Grandview! Dave's probably just gonna school us anyways!

4. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Ok folks! This is your best deal hand down! Discounted membership and spend the extra money on whatever you want! You don't have to pick between a shovel, a coat, or a snowman kit that we ALL know being in the business you already have! Sign up now by using my name for the BEST deal!

5. grandview

Big deal.You'll just give then a gift card for 50.00 off for any snowplowing service you offer.Limited to 1 mile from your house!

Go snowman!!!Thumbs Up

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

$40 will be gone in no time, a nice jacket will last you a lifetime. :drinkup:

7. grandview

I heard you take the jacket back if they don't keep their membership up. I won't ask for the snowman back though!

8. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Not around here! My kids would steal them! lol

9. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

OK, bad winter right! Income is down, we are all feeling the effects! Join SIMA now and learn how to divirsify your accounts list so you still have some income coming in. SIMA has much to offer and with a winter like this you have more time to network and study for the CSP (Certified Snow Professional). Don't wait, and small cost to join will reward you with loads of information available as a SIMA member!