1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

johnsullbark

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by johnsullbark, Oct 5, 2011.

1. johnsullbark

johnsullbark Junior Member

Hi everyone!
    Ihave been reading post on this site for sometime now. I have found a lot of usefull information, thanks. I have found some of the answers to some of my questions and have found a lot of questions also. Hers is what I am having troubles with. I have a 2007 silverado 2500HD classic crewcab short bed. I want to travel this winter plowing 2011/12.
    I want to get a V-plow. But Boss and Fisher say it is to much for my truck, but Meyers says OK even the supperV2 will work. They all weight about the same,so what gives here?
    The GVWR for this truck is 9200lb. I weighted the truck today with me and full tank of fuel and same misc. small tools and it weighted 7540 lbs. The plow is 950lbs. installed.
    I want to be legal and not have any troubles traveling and also not tear up my truck..I have all the insurances and truck tags with my construction co. so that is OK. What do you think about this working on this truck? Also where can I get my front and rear weighted?
    Thanks for your help.:waving: