1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Johnny D and Wyldman are awesome

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by griffithtlc, Sep 4, 2003.

1. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

I just wanted to say that you guys are incredibly smart. I was told by a dodge dealer that the pcm HAD to be replaced, and told that the TPS sensor HAD to be replaced by a different one. You guys consistently stated that the voltage just had to be adjusted, and it had to be cleaned. I feel guilty now for doubting your advice, because it solved the problem 100% It doesn't shake anymore, and the TC doesn't wander. you guys saved me 500 bucks! Just wanted to say thanks, and all of us really appreciate your advice, and endless knowledge.

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Well I'm glad to hear it's fixed.It's real easy to believe the TSB from Dodge on the new PCM,but it isn't always needed.The TPS problem is very common,that's why we kept recommending you check it.It hard to believe everything you hear on the net,so sometimes we have to suggest things a few times until you believe it.

At least the problem has been rectified,time for a :drinkup:

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it. I guess thats why I posted twice about it,to make sure it sunk in:D . Wyldman is right in that that problem is actually pretty common,and we see it often. Both Wyldman and myself run the Dodge/Cummins trucks and we know them quite well.So between us you could probably get any question answered about your rig. I have found Wyldman to not only be one of(if not THE smartest mechanics Ive ever talked to),but he's also a nice guy and somehow finds time to check in here all day long whike he is working. I often wonder if he gets any work done,LOL.:D .

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

I may be hanging around here all day sometimes,but I still find time for work,play,and the family.Wireless and laptops make it easy to get on from just about anywhere.

5. John DiMartino

So Chris, how much is a good laptop:D . I think I need to get me one of those. Id like one I can bomb pretty easily too.:)

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

You can pick up fast new laptops real cheap now.I have a Dell,and just got a new IBM thinkpad a little while ago.You can get an entry level laptop for under a $1000.00 . They aren't easy to BOMB though. :D

7. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

John D

When can you show Nathan Wright how it is really done ? I saw his run posted on the DTT website

8. John DiMartino

Nathan is doing greatl,his truck is unreal, he is running on fuel only what i am running with Nitrous.:D I had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with Nathan and friends in muncie IN,this summer. He is cool.