1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere TRS22

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by KL&M Snow Div., Feb 12, 2010.

1. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Got a John Deere TRS22 two stage snow thrower. I got it and it wouldn't start. Its a good blower, I used it a winter or two ago and it ran fine. I replaced fuel lines, fuel filters, changed gas and plug, drained the carb and cleaned it and put it back together. It gets gas to the carb, the bowl has fuel in it as well. It will start with starting fluid sprayed in the intake but as soon as it burns up the fluid it dies. Any ideas?

2. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

Take out the jets in the carb, let them soak in carb cleaner over night or try to find a very small needle to poke through them. They are plugged. Had this happen a few times on my dads old Simplicity.

3. KL&M Snow Div.

How many jets are there do you know?

4. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

I couldnt tell you. I'm pretty sure there should just be one. Can you post a picture of the carb apart?

Should be one brass/copper colored screw in the center of the carb when you take off the bowl.

This is a 4 stroke right? (No mixing oil/gas) Should have asked that before.

5. KL&M Snow Div.

Yeah I replaced that screw yesterday.....its 4stroke

6. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

Is there more than one screw? Can you see through it? Could have gotten some debris in it somehow.